Budget Reports - Exclude Specified Accounts

David Green

29 Nov, 2022 03:50 PM

Hi, is it possible to exclude certain bank accounts from my budget reports, or can I make a bespoke report that does that?
I only budget my living costs and all those costs are covered on my current account and credit card.
I also have savings accounts and a current account for elective costs, and I don't need a budget for these.
I can run a report that only covers budgeted categories, but it isn't foolproof. If I use a wrong category the budget report will be wrong, I need it to only report those categories when made from the current account or credit card.

Failing that, can I create two data files, with one for all the budgeted costs and only including my current account and credit card, and the other for my savings. Is it easy to do? Is it easy to copy my existing data to the new file?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 29 Nov, 2022 08:48 PM

Excluding certain accounts from a budget is really just hiding certain expenditures from the budget.

You say about using a wrong category accidentally and wanting to exclude accounts to resolve this, I would say the correct solution would be to go and correct those transactions so they are correct and to view the occurrence of this as a way of showing when certain errors have been made.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac