Budget vs. Actual report not showing activity

jasonsklar

20 Mar, 2016 07:26 PM

When I run a Budget vs. Actual comparison report, the report is not showing Actual activity for periods where $0 is budgeted. If I put $.01 in as a budget, it will then cause the Actual amount to show up in the report. How can I get Actual amounts to show up in the report without going into every single Budgeted amount that is $0 and changing it to $.01? It makes it very difficult to analyze information if you don't know the data is accurate and reliable.

1. 1 Posted by jasonsklar on 08 May, 2016 02:01 PM

Has anyone been able to look into this????

2. 2 Posted by jasonsklar on 10 Jun, 2016 01:02 AM

I'm still having this problem and I'd appreciate if someone could look into this and respond. When I run reports and it isn't showing accurate information it kind of defeats the purpose of using this software. I don't know what is accurate and what is missing information.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jenny on 10 Jun, 2016 11:58 AM

Hi Jason,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay getting back to you. We've been experiencing a very high volume of support requests and I'm afraid we missed your initial messages.

Can you let me know the version of Moneydance you're currently running? To do this, navigate to Moneydance Menu --> About Moneydance. I believe this issue may have been resolved in a newer version of the software. The latest stable build is 2015.7 build 1358, which you can download from here if you're running an older version.

If you still encounter issues, theres something else you can try - In Moneydance, go to Tools->Currencies. This will open a list of currencies in Moneydance, and show your current Base Currency. Choose any other currency, and then click the "Set Base Currency" button. Close this window, and then re-open it and set your base currency back to what it originally was. Then, run your tests on your reports again. Can you let me know if you still get the off-by-one problem after that?

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by jasonsklar on 11 Jun, 2016 07:34 PM

Jenny,

I was on a slightly older version of Moneydance, so I downloaded the current version. Unfortunately the problem still occurs. In any month when I have $0 budgeted, the budget to actual report does not show the actual activity at all. I also tried to change the Base Currency and that had no impact. Also, now that I have downloaded the new version of Moneydance, the budget to actual report subtotals every single category by default, even if there is only 1 item in the category. This is much more difficult to analyze now. Is there any way to change the output to not subtotal in this report? Any other suggestions to fix the original question? Unfortunately it seems to be a flaw in the development of the report, so I would think this would need to be fixed in an update. I've been dealing with this for a while and I'm very frustrated since this is the main report that provides value to me and it's not very useful if it isn't accurate.

5. System closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2016 02:33 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

29 Oct, 2020 08:25 PM
29 Oct, 2020 08:11 PM
29 Oct, 2020 08:00 PM