getting started

sharon

21 Mar, 2016 02:30 AM

Hi, I need a tutorial on how to input my monthly transfers etc. I am finding it difficult to navigate the software as I have never used this kind of software before.

I don't know where to start.

1. 1 Posted by Sharon May on 21 Mar, 2016 06:16 AM

Hi, I would like to connect to my bank in Australia, it is HSBC.

Can you advise me on how to do this

Reply-To: <[email blocked]>
    Date: Monday, 21 March 2016 at 10:32
    To: Sharon May <[email blocked]>
    Subject: Your support request has been received by The Infinite Kind

The Infinite Kind technical support: infinitekind.com/help
    email: [email blocked]

Hello sharon! This is an automated response to let you know that we've received your request: getting started and will respond as quickly as possible. Answers to many common questions can be found in our knowledge base and user guide. Based on your support request, we think you may find the following articles from our FAQ helpful:
    How to get started with a budget
    How do I get Started?
    We'll send an email to you (at [email blocked]) when we update your support request. Alternatively, you can keep track of this conversation online. Thanks again! Sincerely,
    The Infinite Kind
    Be a part of the Community: Blog | |

You have been sent this message because you recently opened a help request with The Infinite Kind.

2. 2 Posted by Ian O on 21 Mar, 2016 09:42 AM

Hi Sharon,

As a newcomer to Moneydance I would recommend checking out our User Guide, specifically the fist few chapters. They detail the process of setting up your accounts and entering transactions. If you have any questions after reading this I'd be happy to provide assistance.

Unfortunately, it appears your bank does not support direct OFX connections, which Moneydance (and other financial software) requires in order to talk directly to a bank. If your bank decides to support direct connect at any time in the future we would happily set up the connection for you.

Currently, the best way to get your files into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, OFX or OFC files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance.

You can also open your bank's download page directly (after entering the appropriate address in the Account --> Edit Account menu) by going to the menu bar and selecting Online --> Open Account Website, which makes the download process easier.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

3. System closed this discussion on 20 Jun, 2016 09:50 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac