Cannot remove items from budget

Peter Barlow

01 Apr, 2016 08:41 AM

Trying to remove items from budget but I haven't yet found a way. Edit only allows me to amend amounts - do I just amend them to 0?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 06 Apr, 2016 02:40 PM

Hi Peter,

It depends on the type of budget that you're using. In Moneydance 2015, there are two budget formats - Mixed Interval/Older budgets, and the Newer budget format. I've provided links to articles below with screenshots so you can check the budget format you're currently using.

When you are creating your budget, selecting either Weekly, Biweekly, Monthly or Annually will create budget using this time period, and the newer budget format, which you can read more about here. With this budget format, leaving the number on the right unchanged (it'll be 0 if you haven't budgeted anything for that category) will mean that category is not included in the budget.

When creating a budget, selecting 'Mixed Interval' as the period will create an older style budget, which can have categories with different time intervals. You can read more about this budget format here. With this format, you can select the '-' button at the bottom of the 'Edit Budget' window to remove a category from the budget.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of further assistance.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 06 Jul, 2016 02:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac