Adding or Editing Budget subtitles "Names"

Paron Lewis

19 Apr, 2016 09:39 PM

I created a budget a few months back. Now I'm trying to edit/add different subtitles, i.e. Annual travel, or Church Events which are not in my current budget. How do I add or change existing titles within my overall 2016 Budget. I've tried clicking on Edit budget and the small window opens, or I've clicked on Budget Manager. Both simple give me the option to click on 2016 Budget which highlights it and gives me the option to select (new, edit, duplicate, print or delete). Clicking on edit does nothing. Is something wrong with the program or is this user error? I appreciate any assistance. Thanks in advance!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 20 Apr, 2016 08:29 AM

Hi Paron,

There are two budget formats available within Moneydance, so it'll depend on the budget format you're using.

The most common budget type for use is the Newer budget format, which you can read more about here. If this is the budget type you're using, you can select the budget in the left sidebar to select it. You'll see the budget register with columns and rows for the categories and the relevant amounts. To edit the amounts, click the right number (it'll be 0 if you haven't budgeted anything for that category) and enter the amount that you want to budget for that category.

The other budget format is the Mixed Interval Format, which you can read more about here. With this budget format, you can select it in the left sidebar to access the budget. You'll then see an 'Edit Budget' button at the top right of the register, where you can add and delete categories by using the '+' and '-' buttons.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of further assistance.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 30 Jul, 2016 03:52 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac