Updating

John Roberts

18 May, 2016 09:44 AM

How do I update from 2010 r3 software

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 18 May, 2016 10:02 AM

Hi John,

If you'd like to upgrade, you can enter your license key into the 'Upgrading?' box on this page, which will entitle you to a discounted upgrade to MD2015. You can follow the steps to download the latest version. Once you've download and installed MD2015 you can then follow these steps to open your data with the newer version.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need assistance during the upgrade process.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by John Roberts on 18 May, 2016 10:06 AM

Jenny will my 2010 files still work in 2015 software

regards,

John

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jenny on 18 May, 2016 10:14 AM

Hi John,

Provided you follow these steps you'll be converting your data to the new 2015 file format. When you open the newly download version, you'll see the 'Welcome to Moneydance' window. Click on "Import new account set" and open your 'yourfilename'.md data file to convert your data file to the new Moneydance 2015 format. To keep your data file stored in it’s current location select “Convert Only,” to have Moneydance move your data file into the internal library select “Convert and Import.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by John Roberts on 18 May, 2016 11:18 AM

Jenny,
    Thank worked well, no problems, If I sell my iMac and purchase a Mac Pro Book, I will be able to load Moneydance on with no problems I hope. The iMac will be cleared of my files and purchased programs deleted.

Many thanks for your quick advice,

John

5. 5 Posted by Scott Meehan on 18 May, 2016 05:18 PM

Hi John,

If you decide to upgrade your computer, you can move your data set from your old computer, then download Moneydance onto your new computer and open it from there. To move your data set to a new computer, I'd recommend following these instructions:

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/moneydance-2014/how-to-move-your-da...

to move your data set to a USB drive or your Dropbox folder (or whatever your preferred method is for sharing data between your two computers), then move your data set from there to your computer's hard drive and open it with Moneydance from there.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

Scott Meehan
    Infinite Kind Support

6. Scott Meehan closed this discussion on 18 May, 2016 05:18 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac