Budget for next month... this is way too difficult...

Shannon

30 May, 2016 10:20 AM

There ought to be a way to tell the software that the money that is recently deposited is for income NEXT month... I get paid BEFORE the new month... the budget thinks that the new money is for THIS month..

The only way to FIX that is to change the date of the deposit to be on the 1st of each new month... that's one workaround I have had to use on some software; there are other software that are capable of actually allocating it for the next month without changing the date of transaction... really this needs to be implemented.

1. 1 Posted by Shannon on 30 May, 2016 10:29 AM

Also While I am here... I really DISLIKE the budget messing with my numbers... its slightly off if I put 90, it gives me 89.12 or something like that.. it SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO STOP!

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Jenny on 02 Jun, 2016 12:32 PM

Hi Shannon,

Could you provide an example of a few transactions that highlight the feature you'd like to see? I'd like to check if we have a workaround for you, and ensure I can assign the correct suggestion ticket to this discussion - the more information you can provide, the better! I'm afraid it's hard to understand the function you'll need, without an example of a few transactions, dates etc.

Can you let me know which budget type you're using? There are two budget formats available within Moneydance. You can read about them both in this article.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

3. System closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2016 02:36 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac