Budgeting

mjsven

05 Jun, 2016 02:54 AM

Hello MoneyDance Support!
How do I budget mortgage payments, car loans, student loans, savings and investments? Thanks! Mike

1. 1 Posted by mjsven on 07 Jun, 2016 05:37 AM

Hello, OK - It appears I can't budget the accounts mentioned. Unfortunately for me, these monthly costs are why I need to budget!
    Maybe I could use transaction reminders as a component of planning? Are there any reports that include the value of the calendared transactions (past, present & future)? Thanks

2. 2 Posted by mjsven on 07 Jun, 2016 08:21 PM

I am surprised this is not a major issue for MD users. I don't want to find myself with extra money in my budget each month but not in my bank.

Are there workarounds for budgeting loan expenses?

3. 3 Posted by Ian O on 08 Jun, 2016 09:14 AM

Hi,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Unfortunately, transfers to loan or savings accounts are not supported by the budgeting system. The budgeting system in Moneydance currently only supports budgeting for income and expenses. Technically paying the principle on a loan is neither and so cannot be budgeted for with the budget system.
    There's an existing ticket in our ticketing system with this budget suggestion, so I've attached it to this discussion. I'll pass your feedback to the developers, and will notify you of any updates within this thread.

Regarding the reports for 'calendared transactions' you may find an extension called Money Foresight useful. It displays a forecast of your account balances based on future transactions and scheduled reminders. You can try it out by installing it from the Moneydance --> Extensions --> Manage Extensions.
    If after trying the extension you feel it doesn't fit your needs, please let me know what functionality you feel is missing and I can see if we have any other options for you.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

4. System closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2016 02:36 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

29 Oct, 2020 08:38 PM
29 Oct, 2020 08:36 PM
29 Oct, 2020 08:25 PM