Copy budgeted amounts to a prior month

solarpreb

10 Jun, 2016 12:02 PM

I'm working with an existing budget. The current month is June. The last month in which I had budgeted amounts defined was April. Is there any way to copy the budgeted amounts from April into the May budget? When I edit the budget and navigate to May there is not an option to copy the budgeted amounts. That option only exists for the current month (June) and the months that follow.

Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 31 Aug, 2016 07:03 PM

Hi,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay getting back to you. I’m afraid that your request for assistance was missed by the support team, and it’s only now we’ve been able to work through the backlog of older discussions. I must apologise again for the poor level of service and lack of support you have received. I’d like to provide assistance if you’re still in a position to work through these issues. Please be assured we are putting systems in place to ensure a higher level of service and speedier responses.

I'm afraid you may have encountered a known bug in Moneydance. There's an existing bug ticket in our system regarding a similar issue. With this issue, after selecting 'Copy Previous Period' in the new budget format, the budgets prior periods are locked and cannot be amended. I've attached the ticket to this discussion and we'll notify you within this thread of any updates.

Until we've been able to resolve this issue, would the 'Mixed Interval' budget format work better for you? You can view details of both the budget types in this article, and with the 'Mixed Interval' budget, you're able to use the 'Calculate' feature to calculate a budget based on your past spending.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused, and for the delayed response.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by solarpreb on 11 Sep, 2016 12:11 PM

My issue is a bit different from your understanding. In my case I am only able to 'Copy Previous Period' for the current month. So for instance right now it is September. I never copied July's budget to August so I have no budget for August. When I navigate to the August budget there is no option to copy July's budget to August thus I've lost my budget unless I manually copy all of the information from July to August.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jenny on 19 Sep, 2016 11:43 AM

Apologies for the confusion. Can you let me know the version of Moneydance you're currently running? To do this, navigate within Moneydance to Help --> Console Window. You'll see the version and build number displayed within the first few lines of the window. I've tried searching our records for your purchase history, but was unable to find any details using your email address.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by solarpreb on 30 Sep, 2016 02:50 AM

Starting Moneydance 2015.7 (1358) at Thu Sep 29 22:47:16 EDT 2016

5. System closed this discussion on 30 Dec, 2016 02:50 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac