Budget

Johm Mullender

11 Jun, 2016 06:09 PM

How can I amend my current budget in use?

1. 1 Posted by Ian O on 13 Jun, 2016 10:29 AM

Hi John,

Can you let me know the type of budget you're currently using? There are two budget formats available within Moneydance - the 'Newer' budget format, and the 'Mixed Interval' budget format. You can read about the budget types in this article.

If you can let me know which budget type you're using, and the details you'd like to amend? I can then provide more specific instructions for you.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by John & Sadie Mu... on 20 Jun, 2016 09:18 PM

Apologies for the delay in replying I am using the newer budget format. Thanks. John

Sent from my iPad

3. 3 Posted by Ian O on 21 Jun, 2016 09:20 AM

Hi John,

If you are using the 'new format' budget type, you can amend your current budget by selecting it in the sidebar. To set the amount against any category, click the right number (it'll be 0 if you haven't budgeted anything for that category) and enter the amount that you want to budget for that category item.

Before you create your budget, you may wish to navigate to Tools --> Categories where you can add and remove categories as you desire. This will result in a much more personalised budget and won't contain categories you don't use.

I hope this information is useful, please let me know if you have any questions or need any assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by John Mullender on 21 Jun, 2016 11:44 AM

Hi Ian thanks for your help John

On 21 Jun 2016 10:20, Ian O <[email blocked]> wrote:

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

Hi John,

If you are using the 'new format' budget type, you can amend your current budget by selecting it in the sidebar. To set the amount against any category, click the right number (it'll be 0 if you haven't budgeted anything for that category) and enter the amount that you want to budget for that category item.

Before you create your budget, you may wish to navigate to Tools --> Categories where you can add and remove categories as you desire. This will result in a much more personalised budget and won't contain categories you don't use.

I hope this information is useful, please let me know if you have any questions or need any assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

On Mon, Jun 20 at 02:18 PM PDT, John & Sadie Mullender wrote:

Apologies for the delay in replying I am using the newer budget format. Thanks. John

Sent from my iPad

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Budget.

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

5. System closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2016 02:37 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac