calculating a budget

Chris

28 Jun, 2016 01:31 PM

Hi,

I cant seemt to get to the calculate window.
I can create a name but the window that allows me to say "calculate" never appears.
Once a Budget is named - I am simply taken to the budget page- see photo.
Please advise....

1. 1 Posted by Ian O on 28 Jun, 2016 02:05 PM

Hi Chris,

The calculate button pertains to 'Mixed Interval' budget and I can see from your screenshot you have created a 'Newer Budget Format', which works slightly differently. In Moneydance 2015, there are two budget formats - Mixed Interval/Older budgets, and the Newer budget format.

Selecting either Weekly, Biweekly, Monthly or Annually will create budget using this time period, and the newer budget format, which you can read more about here. Once you have created your budget, you have to close the budget manager window, then select your budget from the left sidebar column of the Moneydance window to access and edit it. With this budget format, to set the amount, click the right number (it'll be 0 if you haven't budgeted anything for that category) and enter the amount that you want to budget for that category.

When creating a budget, selecting 'Mixed Interval' as the period will create an older style budget, which can have categories with different time intervals. You can read more about this budget format here. You can create a Mixed Interval Budget, then select it in the side bar; then you can select 'Edit' at the top right of the register which will show the 'Edit Budget' window. In this window you will see the calculate button you are looking for, you can also add, edit and delete the budget categories.

I hope this information is useful, please let me know if you have any questions or encounter any issues setting up your budgets.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2016 02:38 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

29 Oct, 2020 08:14 PM
29 Oct, 2020 08:11 PM
29 Oct, 2020 08:00 PM