Edit

Richard

25 Jul, 2016 11:26 PM

Once I create a budget I cannot seem to edit my budget so that I can add more expense items.

Can someone tell me what I am suppose to do?

1. 1 Posted by Richard on 25 Jul, 2016 11:53 PM

I know I can add an amount into the current month, but how do I add something in yearly so that this time next year my budget amount will show again?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Jenny on 26 Jul, 2016 08:57 AM

Hi Richard,

It depends on the budget format you're using within Moneydance. The two budget types are the 'Newer' budget format, and the 'Mixed Interval' budget format. You can read about both budget types in this article.

If you're budgeting items with different time intervals (monthly and also yearly) then you should use the 'Mixed Interval' format. You can follow the steps in the article above to set this up, and you'll see screenshots of the features you'll be using. On the 'Edit Budget' window, you can select the '+' button to add new budget items. You can select the start and end date, and leaving the end date blank will allow the budget item to continue indefinitely.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need assistance getting setup.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

3. System closed this discussion on 25 Oct, 2016 09:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac