setting up month

Thomas Uzzo

02 Aug, 2016 01:34 AM

How do I simply carry over last months budget to the next month --

1. 1 Posted by Ian O on 02 Aug, 2016 11:28 AM

Hi Thomas,

Can you let me know the version of Moneydance you are currently running? You can check this within Moneydance by navigating to Moneydance --> About Moneydance. Can you also let me know what type of budget you are using? In Moneydance 2015, there are two budget formats - Mixed Interval/Older budgets, and the Newer budget format. You can view how the two budget types work in this article.

Are you trying to carry over the remainder of last months budget into the following month? If you are using the Newer Format budget then you should be able to 'Copy and rollover previous period' as detailed in the article. You can easily set your budget based on past spending by right-clicking on the heading (the three letter abbreviation for the month followed by the year) of any of the time period columns and selecting one of the options shown. However if this is not working as you expect, please let us know, as there is a bug we are trying to resolve that may affect this feature.

If you are simply looking to replicate your budgeted amounts each month, you may find that using a Mixed Interval budget and leaving the 'End Date' blank suits you needs. Doing this means the budget will continue indefinitely. You can see this feature detailed towards the end of the article linked above.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 01 Nov, 2016 11:30 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac