Calculated Budget

petelucas

14 Aug, 2016 12:07 PM

Hi
Been a user for nearly two years
Haven't really used the budget facility as on my app there is no auto calculated budget option as there ought to be. I have tried completely doing a new month budget but there is never an auto calculate option Attached screen shot. I therefore use a separate budget software which is a pain. I have attached a screenshot the budge tin the background is a laboriously slow manually created one. Please help

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 15 Aug, 2016 09:28 AM

Hi Pete,

There are two types of budgets available within Moneydance, 'Mixed Interval/Older' budgets, and 'New Format' budgets.

When creating a budget within Tools --> Budget Manager, selecting the period as either Weekly, Biweekly, Monthly or Annually will create budget using this time period, and the 'New Format' budget. Your screenshot shows that this is the budget type you're currently using.

When creating a budget, if you select the period as 'Mixed Interval' this will create a budget which can have categories with different time intervals. Once created, select the budget in the left sidebar, and then select 'Edit' at the top right of the register to enter the 'Edit Budget' window. You can view screenshots of the features in this article.
    From the 'Edit Budget' window, you can click the 'Calculate' button to have Moneydance automatically calculate a budget based on your past spending.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions, or need assistance setting up your budget.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by petelucas on 15 Aug, 2016 05:32 PM

Thanks Jenny its now working fine.. Just couldn't see how to do it

3. Ethan closed this discussion on 16 Aug, 2016 01:35 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

29 Oct, 2020 08:25 PM
29 Oct, 2020 08:11 PM
29 Oct, 2020 08:00 PM