initial balances in weekly budget still show up as zero

Melody Smith

14 Aug, 2016 03:43 PM

I still need help with this! PLEASE DO NOT refer me to the user guide - I have it already and my problems aren't solved by that!!! I have an initial balance category in each of my accounts - my transactions are coming into the budget just fine. The initial balances aren't adjusting each week - if I can't get this solved, I'm asking for a refund because I really purchased this for the budgeting option. If I wanted to just record expenses, I'd have stayed with Quicken!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 14 Aug, 2016 06:24 PM

Hello,

I'm not quite sure what you mean about your initial balance categories not adjusting each week. The initial balances for an account are set by opening the account register and going to Account -> Edit Account from the menu bar, and in general should not be changed beyond the initial setup for an account. Those also shouldn't appear in your budget at all, as they are neither income nor expenses. Are you referring to something else as an "initial balance category" that you want to show up in your budget? If you could try describing what you are trying to do in more detail, perhaps with screenshots of what you are trying to get displayed, that would be helpful. If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, please see http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

2. System closed this discussion on 13 Nov, 2016 06:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac