Budget Screen - adjust category column width

Renovatio

28 Aug, 2016 09:09 AM

Hi,

The budget screen automatically sets the column width for the category title (1st column) and the subsequent budget months (next 3 columns).

My category names are being cut-off significantly and there is no option to widen the column width. Can you improve the column size to prioritise the space dynamically on the category name (as you already do in the reminders view with the reminder name), as it does not need equal spacing with a lot of unused area being on the three month columns.

Thanks,

1. 1 Posted by Ian O on 29 Aug, 2016 09:17 AM

Hi,

From what you have described, it sound like you are using a 'New Format' budget. I'm afraid that currently there is no ability to increase the column width in the New Format Budget. There is an existing ticket in our ticketing system regarding this function, so I've attached it to this discussion and the developers will be looking into it. Any update on this ticket will be communicated within this discussion.

If you are finding the truncation of you category names particularly disruptive you may wish to look at the other budget format Moneydance offers. They are called Mixed Interval budgets, and you can find more information here. This format can be selected in the same way, but by selecting 'Mixed Interval' as the time period. This budget format has much greater control when managing column widths.

I hope this information is useful, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Renovatio on 29 Aug, 2016 01:41 PM

Thanks.

3. System closed this discussion on 28 Nov, 2016 01:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac