Calculating budget

Roger Pagan

08 Dec, 2016 04:04 PM

I cannot seem to be able to "calculate" as shown in google. when i open budget manager it allows me to open a budget but not edit or calculate. What am i doing wrong?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 08 Dec, 2016 04:22 PM

Hi Roger,

If you haven't already, I encourage you to read through this article which details creating a budget. There are two budget formats available within Moneydance - the older 'Mixed Interval' format, and the 'Newer' format.

Within the budget manager, you can create a new budget - selecting either Weekly, Biweekly, Monthly or Annually will create a budget using this time period, and the 'Newer' budget format. Selecting Mixed Interval will create an older style budget, which can have categories with different time intervals.

Once you've created the budget, you'll need to close the budget manager and then select the budget from the left sidebar. You'll find steps in the article I've linked above for setting up your budget but I'd be happy to provide assistance if you encounter any issues.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Diana Minta on 19 Dec, 2016 06:20 PM

How do I create a new budget from the 2016 budget? Some of the categories will change and I want to add a few and delete some that I no longer need.

3. System closed this discussion on 20 Mar, 2017 06:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac