No downloads from Fifth Third since 12/17/09

docrobc

22 Dec, 2009 08:56 AM

Every time I try to download my transactions, I just get a message that zero transactions were downloaded. The last ones I got are dated 12/17/09. I've logged in on the web and verified that there are transactions newer than that. I disabled, then set up online banking again. Everything seemed to work as expected when setting up again, but still zero transactions downloaded. I'm not having trouble downloading from any other institution that I have set up. I'm on a Mac with OS 10.6.2, Java 1.6.0_17 and I was running MD 2010 build 723 when this started. I am now running build 730, but the problem remains.

1. 1 Posted by docrobc on 22 Dec, 2009 09:03 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention that when I set up online banking all over again, I did use the new connection button and selected Fifth Third all over again from the new list of institutions.

2. 2 Posted by docrobc on 22 Dec, 2009 03:02 PM

I think I figured it out. It just so happens that the only transactions during those days WERE downloaded, but were matched to previously downloaded and accepted (but not yet reconciled) transactions. Now it's downloaded a few more today that were sufficiently different that were not matched to anything else. Why in the heck would it match new transactions with old ones I had already accepted? I have several transactions that are repeating; monthly bills that are the same and my biweekly paychecks immediately come to mind. Is this the way it's supposed to work? If so please change it back to the way it worked in 2008!

3. 3 Posted by greg_loose on 23 Dec, 2009 12:14 AM

I agree with your point but in the meantime, this might help.

Preferences > Network > Observe Online Payment Date Restrictions
    Only match downloaded transactions when they are at most XX days apart

I just started evaluating the app to switch from Quicken so I have not used the feature and the help system does not seem to have additional info on them but it sounds like they might help

4. 4 Posted by Jessica Little on 29 Dec, 2009 05:01 PM

Hi docrobc,

We've made a lot of changes and improvements to transaction downloads in the newest release of MD2010. You may find that it solves some of your problems. You can download the latest release from our website at http://moneydance.com/.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

5. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 07:08 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac