Trouble connecting to US Bank

brentchild

08 Jan, 2010 11:44 PM

Recieved error: The given PIN or customer id is not valid. For more information contact your financial institution.
I then contacted US Bank, they were unable to help me.
I was able to manually download the qfx file from US bank's website, however this is very cumbersome. Can you help me?
Using Mac OS X 10.5.8
Moneydance 2010r2 (735)
-Brent

1. 1 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 09 Jan, 2010 08:08 PM

Brent,

Most financial institutions will require you to enable your accounts for application-based online banking. If you have your financial institution set up your account as if you were using Quicken 2008 for Windows then it should also work with Moneydance since they use the same protocol. This is sometimes necessary as many banks don't yet recognize Moneydance or know how to deal with it.

Additionally, application-based online banking often requires a different login/PIN than the ones that are used for ATM or web-based banking. When you enable your account for access from Moneydance or Quicken, your financial institution should let you know what customer ID/login and PIN to use.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance!

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

2. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 09 Jan, 2010 08:08 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac