Hewitt 401K Share Prices Stopped Updating

John Durham

15 Jan, 2010 06:05 AM

The share prices of my positions in the Hewitt 401K stopped updating since the end of Oct. Although my transactions download just fine and the connection and passwords are correct, the history of the individual positions do not exist past 10/28/09. I only noticed the problem when I saw the balance on the home page was not changing or updating, but the transactions were downloading.
Mac OS X v10.6.2
MD 2010r2 (735)

1. 1 Posted by wsanders123 on 15 Jan, 2010 07:00 AM

Are you sure the stock ticker symbol hasn't changed? Perhaps go to Yahoo finance or somewhere similar and see if your ticker symbol prior to 10/28/2009 is still current. For example, I had a stock that left the NYSE and is now listed only on the Toronto Exchange. I doubt this is the case, because Hewitt is large enough, but something similar can happen if the stock is now only listed in pink sheets. The ticker symbol may have changed ever so slightly, perhaps adding a '.TO' or '.PK' extension to the symbol you already had. It's some place to start..... hope it helps.

2. 2 Posted by John on 15 Jan, 2010 06:05 PM

There is no ticker symbol I can look up on Yahoo. I just have a security ID downloaded from Hewitt. I even reset/resync the download from Hewitt. In the securities detail of the "Value Fund" or "S&P" for example, it shows the transactions from all the purchases but the chart stops plotting since Oct and the share price is stuck from Oct.

3. 3 Posted by batwell on 07 Feb, 2010 05:45 PM

Yeah, I just noticed this problem too in a Fidelity 401k account that does not have real tickers. I think MD used to update the history from both ticker downloads and from the recorded transactions but it doesn't seem to use the transactions anymore. This is a major PITA and I think needs to resolved ASAP.

Thanks, Bob

4. 4 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 03 Mar, 2010 07:56 PM

John,

I apologize for the long delay in our response, I am embarrassed to say that we have been snowed under with questions about Moneydance 2010. If you are not using the most recent version (2010r2 build 743), please update to that version. You can download the update here. This update has resolved a few key issues our users have been experiencing, including some issues with downloads.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance, and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

5. 5 Posted by John Durham on 02 Apr, 2010 05:38 AM

I am still not having any luck with this issue. the transactions are still not accurately reflecting the share prices of the security history since Oct 2009. I have updated to build 743 and have even tried using an earlier version. The program is not doing me much good if I cannot accurately track gains and loses of my portfolio. I must be doing something wrong, but I noticed also that one of three recent stock purchase is also not updating to the current share price.. Hopefully someone had a similar issue and could suggest a fix?

6. 6 Posted by John Durham on 02 Apr, 2010 05:52 PM

Angie:

I made some changes to the history of each security in the portfolio. For some reason, it stopped updating since October. I had to import history "from transactions" for each security to allow it to properly update and reflect the changes on the trend chart. It appears to be plotting correctly now. I only hope it will continue to do so without having to constantly import recent history.

John

7. 7 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 07 Apr, 2010 07:11 PM

John,

Thanks for letting me know that it's up and working now, this is all useful information for us to have. Please let me know if it stops importing again.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

8. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 07 Apr, 2010 07:11 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac