ONline Bill Payment to Chase

cmcope

18 Jan, 2010 11:59 PM

I can not utilize the online bill payment from MD to Chase. I receive an error stating "There was an error communicating with your financial institution. Details of this error are below". But there are no details below. I tried putting in the wrong password to see if I had a connection and it seems like I did make connection with Chase's server. I got this error with the wrong password. "The given customer ID or Password is not valid. For more information contact your financial institution. "

I'm I missing something with MD? Chase says to ask if MD has "express connect" capability.

1. 1 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 22 Jan, 2010 12:32 AM

You've hit upon a small bug in Moneydance. The error window you received is too small to show the full error message, but it's not immediately obvious that there's more to the message. Please click and drag the lower right hand corner of the message window to expand the window, and then copy and paste the full error message here.

Sorry for the inconvenience! We're working on a fix for this so that in the future it will be clear that the error message continues past "Bank Name."

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by Fred Runyan on 27 Feb, 2010 02:34 PM

So, Does online bill pay with Chase work?, or doesn't it? To answer the question about online bill pay with a formatting question about an error does not help me decide if I want to make a purchase.

3. 3 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 01 Mar, 2010 03:27 PM

Fred,

The formatting question above was meant to assist us in gathering the error message regarding this particular connection effort. Bill pay with Chase is working as far as I know, meaning that this capability exists with both the bank and Moneydance, barring any unforeseen server issues on the bank's end.

If you have not yet purchased Moneydance, I encourage you to download our free trial version and experiment with the program before you decide if you would like to purchase it. The demo version is fully-functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited. If you decide to purchase the program at a later date you can keep all your data, the license key simply unlocks the ability to manually enter more transactions.

For more information on how to get the most out of your trial period, check out our blog post on the subject.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Angie Rauschcer
    Moneydance Support

4. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 01 Mar, 2010 03:27 PM.

5. Fred Runyan re-opened this discussion on 06 Mar, 2010 10:43 PM

6. 4 Posted by Fred Runyan on 06 Mar, 2010 10:43 PM

Angie,

At your urging, I downloaded, and imported quicken data. Should I be
    doing something to my Quicken to fix the file before I import. There
    are old transactions that show up as uncleared....that show up as
    cleared in Quicken. Generally, in my main checkbook the balance is
    way off. What kind of transactions don't import correctly?
    Mac OSC 10.5.8, Quicken for MAc 07, Moneydance 2010R2, 735.

Fred

7. 5 Posted by Jon Hoover on 29 Mar, 2010 06:52 PM

Fred,
    Sorry to be so late in getting back to you! My apologies.
    If you haven't looked at this already I would encourage you to read this short article on importing from Quicken, http://help.infinitekind.com/faqs/frequently-asked-questions-2/how-...
    I think it will address some of your questions, but if you still have more to ask feel free to let me know and we will look for further solutions.
    Jon Hoover, Moneydance Support

8. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 04 Sep, 2010 03:59 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac