please help

Nanette Tabak

24 Jan, 2010 02:50 PM

Below is the statement from my bank, National Penn Bank. They list Quicken and MS Money as options. I have a mac and am not interested in adding parallels just to use MS Money, which I found very easy to use. I HATE Quicken, so that's not an option. It appears that I should be able to download my bank stuff and then redirect it into moneydance somehow. Please inform me of the best way to make this happen. Thank you so much.

"Important Notice To Customers Doing Downloads Via WebConnect®, Money®, Quicken®, QuickBooks®, or into a .CSV Spreadsheet All Customers:
Transactions will not be available for download until 5 business days after the posting date. We apologize for this inconvenience and are diligently working on a solution.
KNBT Conversion Customers:
Please reference the procedures below to make necessary adjustments to your Intuit® software.

• QuickenWindows 2007-2009
• QuickenMac 2005-2007
• Deactivate-Reactivate WebConnect
Please call Customer Service at the number listed below if you have any questions or issues."

1. 1 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 26 Jan, 2010 01:35 AM

Nattette,

One way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, OFX or OFC files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance.

National Penn also support direct connect, which allows Moneydance to seamlessly import your transactions, which you can arrange using our Online Banking setup.

Most financial institutions will require you to enable your accounts for application-based online banking. I'm afraid it is usually more productive to lie and tell your bank that you are using Quicken. Moneydance uses exactly the same OFX server connection protocol as Quicken but you bank representative many not know this and mistakenly believe that they do not support Moneydance. Calling up your bank and stating precisely the following should get you started. "Please enable direct connect on my account such that I can connect to your servers directly with Quicken. Also give me the login credentials I need to connect Quicken to this service."

Application-based online banking often requires a different login/PIN than the ones that are used for ATM or web-based banking. When you enable your account for access from Moneydance or Quicken, your financial institution should let you know what customer ID/login and PIN to use.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by Nanette Tabak on 27 Jan, 2010 07:07 PM

Angie,
    Thank you so much for the response. It seems I need to let them know what version of Quicken for Mac (2005, 2006 or 2007) I will use. (even though I'm really not. Would you know?
    Thanks again,
    Nan Tabak

3. 3 Posted by Nanette Tabak on 27 Jan, 2010 07:57 PM

Angie,
    Apparently, my bank needs to know which version of the software (Quicken) I will be using. I will be Quicken for mac, but what version should I list?
    Thanks for your help and support.
    -Nan Tabak

4. 4 Posted by thebobmoore on 27 Jan, 2010 08:12 PM

remove me from getting emails like this...
    thanks
    bob moore

5. 5 Posted by Anthony on 27 Jan, 2010 08:16 PM

Bob-

I would guess you inadvertently selected the "Subscribe to Updates" button at the top right of the page. The button should read "Unsubscribe from Updates" now when you come to this post. Simply click that and you won't get any emails.

6. 6 Posted by Jessica Little on 27 Jan, 2010 08:18 PM

Hi Nan,

Moneydance connects to your bank as Quicken 2008, so if you give them that version number, everything should work. You can also tell them that you're using Quicken 2008 for Windows...it doesn't matter very much once the connection is established.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

7. 7 Posted by Nanette Tabak on 27 Jan, 2010 08:27 PM

My choices are :
    Microsft MOney Version____
    Quickbooks Version_____
    Quicken Version_____
    Quicken for Macintosh Version_____

8. 8 Posted by Jessica Little on 27 Jan, 2010 08:40 PM

I would go with Quicken Version 2008. That should allow you to connect.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

9. 9 Posted by Nanette Tabak on 27 Jan, 2010 08:42 PM

Thank you!!

Begin forwarded message:

10. 10 Posted by Nanette Tabak on 27 Jan, 2010 08:43 PM

Before I send info to bank, I am just confirming: I should NOT check Quicken for Mac, But I SHOULD check Quicken and put 2008 as the version?

11. 11 Posted by Jessica Little on 27 Jan, 2010 08:45 PM

Yup, that's correct.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

12. 12 Posted by Nanette Tabak on 27 Jan, 2010 08:47 PM

Got it; THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
    Nanette Tabak
    [email blocked]

13. 13 Posted by Jessica Little on 27 Jan, 2010 09:12 PM

No problem. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

14. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 07:23 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac