Schwab Invest First Credit Card

Dmitry

05 Mar, 2010 11:51 PM

Hi!

I recently got Schwab Invest First Credit Card - Visa, served by FIA Card Services.

Card itself is very good, offering 2% flat cashback, but I cannot find any way to import transactions into Moneydance (I'm using latest 2010 beta).

Anyone know how I can download transactions?

The card has its own web site (www.schwabbankcreditcard.com) and separate login ID has to be created first time you access card (going forward it remembers you).

I was planning to use this card as my main card, but without Moneydance support it can be a problem...

1. 1 Posted by Oilcan on 07 Mar, 2010 09:55 PM

Dmitry

The card is good, FIA Card Services is bad. : )

FIA Card Services does not offer direct connect through OFX - so you will not be able to download it directly into MoneyDance. As with most FIA issued cards (including Bank of America, their parent company) they only offer downloads using Web Connect which is initiated from their website. FIA only allows you to download transactions once a statement is created for the account, so no matter what finanical software you use (Quicken, Money, MoneyDance, etc.) - you will only be able to download transactions once a month. To download you will need log into the www.schwabbankcreditcard.com to initiate the download for import into MoneyDance.

I have this card, and I manually enter the receipts each day and download once a month and merge the downloaded transactions to the manually entered receipts.

Oilcan

2. 2 Posted by Dmitry on 08 Mar, 2010 02:31 AM

Hi!

Thank you very much for your reply.

Since I just got a card (yes, it is a great card as most other services in Schwab), so I do not have statement yet.
    If I can download once a month - this should be good enough for me.

Also interesting - I use online service Mint.com and they do have connection to FIA somehow and are able to update transactions daily.

Thanks again!

3. 3 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 25 Mar, 2010 07:45 PM

Dmitry,

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that FIA card services supports direct OFX connections, which Moneydance (and other financial software) requires in order to talk directly to a bank. The best way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, OFX or OFC files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance.

If your bank begins to support direct OFX connections in the future, we will be happy to work with them.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

4. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 25 Mar, 2010 07:45 PM.

5. Dmitry re-opened this discussion on 25 Mar, 2010 08:06 PM

6. 4 Posted by Dmitry on 25 Mar, 2010 08:06 PM

Hi!

Thank you very much for your response. I was able to download QFX once my
    statement become available.

Dmitry

7. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 25 Mar, 2010 08:09 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac