Bank of America

shellie.miller

13 Mar, 2010 07:20 PM

Before I bought your program I checked to make sure I could download my transactions. Bank of America, all varieties is on your list. I cannot make it work. And checking with the bank about OFX files is impossible. If I try Bank of America(formerly Fleet) I need some sort of new password, which the bank has no idea how to respond to. If I try Bank of America (all states except WA and another I can't remember) I get an error message. When I look on the bank's download information, it says you can only use QIF files. HELP. I really like your program. but this is a deal breaker. Thanks for your help.
I have Moneydance 2010r2, Java 1.5.0_22, and Mac OS X 10.5.8

1. 1 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 17 Mar, 2010 04:03 PM

Shellie,

Most financial institutions will require you to enable your accounts for application-based online banking. You can accomplish this by asking your bank to set up your account for connections from Quicken. Moneydance uses exactly the same OFX server connection protocol as Quicken but your bank representative many not know this and mistakenly believe that they do not support Moneydance. Calling up your bank and stating precisely the following should get you started. "Please enable direct connect on my account such that I can connect to your servers directly with Quicken. Also give me the login credentials I need to connect Quicken to this service."

Application-based online banking often requires a different login/PIN than the ones that are used for ATM or web-based banking. When you enable your account for access from Moneydance or Quicken, your financial institution should let you know what customer ID/login and PIN to use.

Now for the other piece. I'm personally a Bank of America customer, and I download and import my files (as opposed to using direct connect services) because they charge $9.95 for direct connect with my account type. They may or may not charge for this service depending on your account type and balance.

Here's exactly how I download my transactions for the BoA website:

First, log on to your accounts on the BoA website.
    Click on the first account you want to download transactions from.
    Click on the small "download link", which is above the balance column of the account details. This will take you to the download page
    In "Step 1" Select the account you want to download from
    In "Step 2" select the date range. I always do the specific range because I am a little bit neurotic.
    In "Step 3" choose the "QIF 4 digit format"
    Now you should see a pop up box asking you how to deal with the file.
    Select "Open with Moneydance"
    Now Moneydance will ask you which account to download these transactions to. Select the appropriate account to download the transactions to.
    Now the transactions will appear in the register of that account with a blue circle next to them to signify they have been imported

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

2. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 25 Mar, 2010 07:44 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac