NavyArmyFcu

tlharper

21 Mar, 2010 12:55 PM

I've been using direct connect with this bank for months now. Just in the last few days it has stopped connecting. Moneydance gives an error message box with the details of the problem.
Attached are the dialog boxes.
I have Moneydance 2008 and 2010 on two different computers just to see if I was one version or the other having problems.
Seems I can't connect with either. I called NavyArmy (which only supports MS Money) and told them I think I have a PIN problem and they explained that the PIN problem is with MS Money... Not sure what to do now as they won't talk about Quicken 2008.
I can login the the banks web interface with my account number and pin and "download" the OFX info manually.
Any ideas?

Tom

1. 1 Posted by tlharper on 30 Mar, 2010 02:06 AM

anyone?
    btt

2. 2 Posted by Jessica Little on 30 Mar, 2010 03:05 PM

Hi Tom,

You've hit upon a small bug in Moneydance. The error window you received is too small to show the full error message, but it's not immediately obvious that there's more to the message. Please click and drag the lower right hand corner of the message window to expand the window, and then copy and paste the full error message here.

Sorry for the inconvenience! We're working on a fix for this so that in the future it will be clear that the error message continues past "Bank Name."

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

3. 3 Posted by tlharper on 31 Mar, 2010 12:01 AM

Ok thanks, here is the newer version...

4. 4 Posted by Jessica Little on 06 Apr, 2010 05:22 PM

Hi Tom,

It looks like your bank recently disabled Quicken support. Since Moneydance pretends to be Quicken when it connects to NavyArmy, we would be affected by that change. I'll update our connection information sometime today or tomorrow. Once that's done, I'll let you know so that you can recreate your connection. Hopefully that will allow you to connect again.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

5. 5 Posted by tlharper on 07 Apr, 2010 10:57 AM

Ok, sounds good, Thanks for your help. Please let me know...

Tom

6. 6 Posted by Jessica Little on 08 Apr, 2010 07:16 PM

Hi Tom,

We've updated our connection information for your bank, so you should be able to connect now. You will need to disable your current connection to your bank and then recreate it using the New Connection button on the Online Banking Setup screen. To do so, you can follow these steps:

1) Select your bank account in Moneydance
    2) Select the Online->Setup Online Banking button/menu
    3) Click the "Disable" button. If you don't see a disable button, continue to step 5.
    4) Select the Online->Setup Online Banking button/menu (again)
    5) Click the "New Connection" button and select your bank and hit OK
    6) Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password
    7) Repeat steps 1-6 for any additional accounts

Make sure you pick new connection, even though your bank is still one of the connection choices after you disable it. Choosing your bank from the list of available banks will force Moneydance to download the updated information, which should then allow you to connect.

Please let me know if you continue to have connection problems after recreating your connection.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

7. 7 Posted by tlharper on 10 Apr, 2010 12:56 AM

Thank you, I'll give it a try!

Tom

8. 8 Posted by tlharper on 10 Apr, 2010 09:53 PM

Ok, I followed steps 1 through 7 but still the same issue. I noticed when I was recreating the "new" connection, I didn't really see Moneydance "go out to the internet" and pull any new connection info by way of watching the lights on the cable modem. The last time I had this issue, months ago, you guys had me install some debug software...

Tom

9. 9 Posted by Jessica Little on 12 Apr, 2010 05:38 PM

Hi Tom,

It's seems like Moneydance is again having trouble "forgetting" your old connection information. To fix it, you'll need to force clear all of your current connection information in Moneydance. I've attached a file that will help do that. Before proceeding, please back up your Moneydance file, just in case something goes wrong. So far, this hasn't caused any problems, but better safe than sorry!

To use the file, first save it to your computer and then follow these steps:

1) In Moneydance, click on the Extensions Menu and choose the "Add..." option
    2) In the window that pops up, make sure the "From Internet" option is selected and then click next.
    3) From the list of available extensions, choose the "python scripting interface" extension, then click Next to download the extension and finish to complete the installation.
    4) Again, click the Extensions menu. This time, choose the "Python Interface" option.
    5) In the python scripting window, click the "read from file" button and load the file from whereever you saved it. You won't get any confirmation of anything happening, but you also shouldn't get any error messages. Close the window when done.
    6) Set up the connection to your bank like normal. Since all of your settings have been cleared, you should get the most recent connection information for your bank.

Hopefully, that will work. If it doesn't, I'll need to check in with Sean about what's going on.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

10. 10 Posted by tlharper on 13 Apr, 2010 10:58 AM

OK, I'll give this a try tonite...

Tom

11. 11 Posted by tlharper on 17 Apr, 2010 04:17 PM

Ok, finally got some free time to try your suggestion. The remove_all_services.py did the trick! Works great , I rebuilt the connection and I'm downloading OFX again. Thank you for all your help.

Tom

12. 12 Posted by Jessica Little on 17 Apr, 2010 04:58 PM

Hi Tom,

Glad it worked! Let me know if you need any further assistance, and thanks for using Moneydance.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

13. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 07:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac