Trouble downloading from Wells Fargo

njcournoyer

30 Mar, 2010 05:12 PM

Ok - I am BRAND NEW to moneydance and well versed in quicken - we made the jump to mac and jumped to moneydance at the same time so I'm on the ol' learning curve right now. When I try to set up my accounts for online banking, it tells me to enter my username, password/PIN, and new password twice. I read on this site that it may be necessary to enter a pin and new password to enable OFX download, which makes sense because we have only ever used web connect when we were using Quicken. So - I enter my current password and make up a new one and it tells me that my password must be between 4 and 4 characters. So, I assume it wants my 4-digit PIN and I use that and a new password. Again, it tells me that my password must be between 4 and 4 characters. That has left me at a loss.

At another attempt, I got this message: There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:400 Bad Request

I could use a little help! Thank you in advance - Jessica

1. 1 Posted by DAMiller on 02 Apr, 2010 10:17 PM

I am at the exact same spot you are at. I will be watching this post!

2. 2 Posted by DAMiller on 02 Apr, 2010 10:34 PM

I just got off the phone with Wells Fargo. They indicated that in order to use Wells Fargo Direct Connect instead of Web Connect (which I assume you have been using as have I) that there is a $3/month fee. They have to mail you the login/PIN to use. They did ask what version of Quicken I am using (told them 2008 which is what I have been using on my PC) - they also asked what operating system (I told them I was using Quicken 2008 on a PC but wanting to use on my MAC). He didn't seem to care beyond that point so I am thinking it doesn't matter. They US mail the information and it is free for 30 days so I will give it a try and see what happens. Will keep you posted and see if this does work on Moneydance.

3. 3 Posted by njcournoyer on 03 Apr, 2010 01:59 AM

Hi - I had the same conversation with Wells and am waiting for my PIN to come in the mail too. HOWEVER - they are charging me $9.95 per month for the direct connect service! You've got a better deal going on there... Thank you for your comments. I'll look for your updates. Also - I have been able to download from Web Connect and import the data into Moneydance free of charge but I found it to be a little cumbersome. So, I might end up doing it that way so I do not have to pay the monthly fee. But like you, I want to give it a shot and see if its worth it. I would like to pay only $3 a month instead of $10 though!

4. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 07:43 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac