Bank of America Direct Conenct problems

Sandeep

19 Apr, 2010 09:28 PM

Spoke to BOA customer service; they said it’s $9.99 per month. Direct Connect however will not work as it’s supposed to. It will only allow you to import the transaction file at the end of the month into my software. I can do this manually right now; why on earth would I pay BOA $9.99? The customer service rep agreed with that statement, and said they have lots of meetings and feedback collected and some changes are on way for Q3 of 2010. Any thoughts?

1. 1 Posted by trevor on 19 Apr, 2010 11:38 PM

I think the rep you were talking to was confused... I download my BofA transactions daily into MD without any sort of an issue.

What state are you trying to use? I know BofA is weird with ID and WA.

2. 2 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 20 Apr, 2010 01:19 AM

BoA charges some customers $9.99 for direct connect services, but not all. I don't know enough about their policies to understand who is charged and who is not. I personally download and import because BoA does (or did) charge me for direct connect. I'm interested to see what thesechanges are as well, but we don't have any info which is more detailed than what you wrote.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

3. 3 Posted by trevor on 20 Apr, 2010 02:08 AM

Not that it helps too much with the original question, but I get the direct connect free with the checking package I have (Advantage Checking). That has a monthly fee with it, but since my mortgage is with BofA, I get that monthly fee waived.

4. 4 Posted by patnaik7 on 24 Apr, 2010 03:24 AM

Thanks for the responses guys. I think I will buy MoneyDance and stick to using my Chase MasterCard with Direct Connect.

BOA's pricing policies are too confusing for me. I'll try giving it another shot this week and see what I come up with.

5. 5 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 24 Apr, 2010 02:30 PM

Glad to hear it! Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

6. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Apr, 2010 02:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac