I can not download my Bank of America info online

Joel Chait

19 Apr, 2010 09:35 PM

I ahve been trying to download my bank of America or Wachovia (now Wells Fargo) accounts info via the web but no cigar. It works nice with my Citibank and American Express accounts. I am able to transfer my Bank of America account activity if I donwladed directly formt eh Bank of America web stie.

I called Bank of America and was told they have never heard about Moneydance or OFX files.

HAs anyone been able to resolved this issue? I really do not want to spend endless hours over the phone with the BofA people.

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by james f on 19 Apr, 2010 09:47 PM

You are talking about Web Connect which is a Quicken only type of connection.

Citibank and Amex use Direct Connect servers therfore are compatible with MD.

Direct Connect feature is available from BOA and Wells Fargo for a fee. You need to ask them to activate Direct Connect for Quicken 2008.

2. 2 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 20 Apr, 2010 01:37 AM

Joel,

I believe you are using direct connect (from within Moneydance) for your American Express and Citibank accounts. BoA and Wells Fargo do support this service, but they charge a fee for this service. The Moneydance 2010 help documentation is located here, and provides detailed instructions for downloading and importing your account activity without using the direct connect service.

If you would like to set up direct connect with these banks, most financial institutions will require you to enable your accounts for application-based online banking. You can accomplish this by asking your bank to set up your account for connections from Quicken. Moneydance uses exactly the same OFX server connection protocol as Quicken but your bank representative may not know this and mistakenly believe that they do not support Moneydance. Calling up your bank and stating precisely the following should get you started. "Please enable direct connect on my account such that I can connect to your servers directly with Quicken. Also give me the login credentials I need to connect Quicken to this service."

Application-based online banking often requires a different login/PIN than the ones that are used for ATM or web-based banking. When you enable your account for access from Moneydance or Quicken, your financial institution should let you know what customer ID/login and PIN to use.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thanks for your interest in Moneydance!

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

3. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 20 Apr, 2010 01:37 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac