BB&T FPM upgrade 07/31/09

George Fitzpatrick

04 Jul, 2009 02:58 AM

As a BB&T customer, I recently received a notice from BB&T that notified its on-line customers of a planned change to its on-line interface. They specifically mention Quicken, Quick Books, and MS Money. I was wondering if you were aware of this change, and if you knew of nay changes needed to Moneydance to maintain on-line transactions. I have pasted their message below: Dear Valued Client:

We appreciate the trust you place in us to provide you with exceptional products and services to meet your financial needs. As a result of our commitment to offer the most efficient and convenient client services, we are pleased to tell you that effective July 31, 2009, BB&T will have a system upgrade to improve the performance of online access through Quicken(R), QuickBooks(R), and Microsoft(R) Money. It will be necessary for you to make modifications to your desktop software in order to ensure a seamless transition of data. To complete this action, go to www.BBT.com/upgradePFM. Further instructions for your specific software will be located here. Quicken and QuickBooks clients will need to take action during the conversion. This may include the need to back up current data and delete any pending or repeating payments, and the instructions will guide you through this simple process. You must complete this modification by September 30, 2009 or you will no longer have online access to your BB&T accounts through Quicken and QuickBooks. Microsoft Money clients will not have to take action during to the conversion; however, you will still want to review the instructions for other important information regarding the upgrade.

Again, please visit www.BBT.com/upgradePFM for more detailed information or contact BB&T OnLine(R) Banking Support at 1-888-228-6654 and choose option 1, then option 4.

Thank you for banking with BB&T.

1. 1 Posted by Merrilyn R. Sea... on 12 Jul, 2009 08:21 PM

My husband has been doing the quicken banking and he does not understand how to get into this new system. I have his password but he will not attempt to get into this so I have to . If you need the passwork i will give it to you

2. 2 Posted by john on 14 Jul, 2009 01:03 PM

I'm a BB&T customer also. Since the changeover occurs in a little over two weeks, I'm interested in what needs to be done, if anything.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 15 Jul, 2009 03:22 PM

We are investigating the problem some users are having connecting to BB&T. In the mean time please ensure you are using the latest build of Moneydance. Available here:

moneydance.com/other

If you are running the latest build and the problem persists please let me know that will help us diagnose the problem.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

4. 4 Posted by George FItzpatr... on 15 Jul, 2009 03:32 PM

The change at BB&T that I'm concerned about hasn't happened yet,. It's scheduled to happen 07/31/09 - thought we could be proactive and find out what BB&T is planning, and be ready. Maybe the planned 07/31/09 change does not affect Moneydance, but I don't / can't know that. That's why I'm asking support to investigate the planned 07/31/09 change that BB&T has announced.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ben Spencer on 15 Jul, 2009 03:36 PM

I suspect it is more than a coincidence that the problems BB&T users are experiencing are happening so close to the scheduled change in the service at BB&T. I appreciate you letting us know about the scheduled change. We are investigating what the problem is and we shall get to the bottom of it.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

6. 6 Posted by H Richard Howar... on 23 Jul, 2009 09:47 PM

looking for instructions to update with new system

7. 7 Posted by m2d2corp on 01 Aug, 2009 12:00 PM

It's August 2nd and when I try to visit the directed connection point I am directed to this page maybe I am missing something??
    I think I am following the directions carefully.

8. 8 Posted by john on 03 Aug, 2009 07:12 PM

I have been able to connect to my BB&T checking account with no problems (using Password/PIN). Apparently it really does affect only Intuit software.

9. 9 Posted by rbleau on 08 Aug, 2009 12:29 PM

August 8, 2009

To Whom It May Concern:

This is SAT AM and I am trying to upgrade as requested by BBT using the site:

www.bbt.com/upgradePFM/

I end up here BB&T FPM upgrade 07/31/09 ...

I call for support (24 /7) and the tech's are only work 8-6 M-F...well what do you do when I work 8:30 -5:30?????????????????????

Contact info for me 252-633-5940 home
    252-658-2135 mobile

10. 10 Posted by Judy Owens on 08 Aug, 2009 01:49 PM

I can not find upgrades for bbt

11. 11 Posted by tonygraham on 10 Aug, 2009 07:29 PM

I have been using Moneydance on the Mac for a few months now. I changed over from Quicken PC when I changed to the Mac. I'm using BB&T with online bill pay, and haven't had any problems so far on Moneydance.

I got the same letter, and became concerned. I spent about 45 minutes on hold today to talk with someone at BB&T using the number at the bottom of the letter. After finally getting a human on the phone, he told me that Moneydance was not supported by them. In essence, he told me that, if it works, fine. If not, there's nothing BB&T will do about it. He also couldn't give me any help about what would happen on Sept 30 when the old system is gone.

Not really what I wanted to hear, but I thought I would share that with you here. By the way, I haven't had the problems that many above have experienced.

Any help from Ben and the Moneydance people would be appreciated. Otherwise, I'm waiting for Sept 30.

12. 12 Posted by Cheremi Dunn on 11 Aug, 2009 01:07 PM

Do I have to wait until September 30 ? If not what can I do today to resolve this situation?

13. 13 Posted by Jessica Little on 12 Aug, 2009 04:21 PM

We've updated our connection information for BB&T and it should work fine now and after September 30th. Could folks who are still having problems start new discussions? That will make it easier to track and respond to your specific issues.

Thanks!

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

14. System closed this discussion on 01 Jan, 2018 07:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac