Mascoma Savings Bank?

Leslie

03 Dec, 2015 07:26 PM

Hi there
2 questions: I am hoping to switch from qb in 2016 if I can make it work. I will have to manually move info thru excel. First: when is moneydance 2016 available? Or, not until 2016? if not until 2016, I will wait to buy it at that point.

second: will I be able to connect directly with mascoma savings bank with moneydance? I don't see a way to check banks until one has actually started an account, but I only want to start an account if I can use my bank.
Thank you

1. 1 Posted by Scott Meehan on 03 Dec, 2015 07:34 PM

Hi Leslie,

I don't have a timeline for Moneydance 2016's release, however if you purchase Moneydance 2015, you'll be entitled to a free upgrade to the next version of Moneydance, if you'd like to do that instead.

One thing to be aware of is that Quickbooks, unlike Quicken, doesn't export data to QIF files, so it's generally not possible to import your data from Quickbooks into Moneydance, unless you find a good work around (and unfortunately I don't have one in mind).

Unfortunately, it appears that your bank doesn't support direct OFX connections, which Moneydance requires in order to talk directly to a bank. The best way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, QIF, OFX or OFC files (sometimes referred to as Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance. You can also open your bank's download page directly (after entering the appropriate address in the Account->Edit Account menu) by going to the menu bar and selecting Online->Open Account Website.

You can find the list of our supported banks here:

http://infinitekind.com/fi

If you haven't already, I encourage you to download our free trial version and experiment with the program before you decide if you would like to purchase it. The demo version is fully functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test connections with your bank. If you decide to purchase the program at a later date you can keep all your data, the license key simply unlocks the ability to manually enter more transactions. You can download the trial version of Moneydance from here:

http://infinitekind.com/downloads

For more information on how to get the most out of your trial period, check out our blog post on the subject.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance!

Scott Meehan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. Scott Meehan closed this discussion on 03 Dec, 2015 07:34 PM.

3. Leslie Carleton re-opened this discussion on 03 Dec, 2015 08:21 PM

4. 2 Posted by Leslie Carleton on 03 Dec, 2015 08:21 PM

Wow thank you so much for the quick response. I will noodle with it. I know
    that about QB so already knew a manual workaround would be necessary, or
    some other solution. Appreciate it. Hope I can make it work. I am more than
    done with qb.
    Leslie Carleton

5. 3 Posted by Scott Meehan on 03 Dec, 2015 08:30 PM

Hi Leslie,

We're happy to help! Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

Scott Meehan
    Infinite Kind Support

6. Scott Meehan closed this discussion on 03 Dec, 2015 08:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac