Mascoma Savings Bank

Cirri Nottage

22 Dec, 2015 02:41 PM

My bank has Personal Finance (QIF) as one of their downloading options. Will Moneydance work? I saw above where a Mascoma Savings bank customer had asked a question...I called Mascoma and they haven't heard of you all so you might want to reach out. I imported my quicken files into money dance demo but don't want to purchase until I know it will work with Mascoma...please advise.

Thank you,
Cirri

1. 1 Posted by Scott Meehan on 22 Dec, 2015 02:45 PM

Hi Cirri,

Yes, that will work! Moneydance also supports OFX and QFX files if they offer those; those two formats are a little more robust than QIF files so if they do offer them, I'd recommend using them instead for importing your transactions. You can import those files while using the trial version of Moneydance, so you can test it to see how the process works.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

Scott Meehan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. Scott Meehan closed this discussion on 22 Dec, 2015 02:45 PM.

3. Cirri Nottage re-opened this discussion on 22 Dec, 2015 02:49 PM

4. 2 Posted by Cirri Nottage on 22 Dec, 2015 02:49 PM

i'm confused. I have Quicken which my bank supports. I currently download through Intuit Quicken QFX. What do I need to change? Or how do I make the switch?

5. 3 Posted by Scott Meehan on 22 Dec, 2015 07:17 PM

Hi Cirri,

Some financial institutions also offer the ability to download OFX or QFX files, so my suggestion was basically to say that if they offer that download format, then I'd suggest using that over QIF files. It sounds like you might have been using "Web Connect" to download your transactions in Quicken, which Moneydance doesn't support, so downloading and importing OFX or QFX files is the next best option; QIF files being the next best option after that.

Scott Meehan
    Infinite Kind Support

6. System closed this discussion on 22 Mar, 2016 07:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac