new bank

jymaxfield738

12 Feb, 2016 10:55 AM

Can I connect with the Royal Bank of Scotland

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 12 Feb, 2016 10:59 AM

Hi,

You can view a list of our supported financial institutions here - http://infinitekind.com/fi
    Unfortunately, it appears your bank does not support direct OFX connections, which Moneydance (and other financial software) requires in order to talk directly to a bank.

The best way to get your files into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, OFX or OFC files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance.

You can also open your bank's download page directly (after entering the appropriate address in the Account --> Edit Account menu) by going to the menu bar and selecting Online --> Open Account Website, which makes the download process easier.

I hope this information is helpful, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. Jenny closed this discussion on 12 Feb, 2016 10:59 AM.

3. jymaxfield738 re-opened this discussion on 12 Feb, 2016 03:19 PM

4. 2 Posted by jymaxfield738 on 12 Feb, 2016 03:19 PM

When I was using Quicken I downloaded my bank statements from Royal Bank of Scotland and I think it was  Sorry for my ignorance but does this mean I will not be able to do the same thing If I use Moneydance instead. I am still in the process of trying to transfer my quicken data and still on a trial version. I think it will not be suitable if I cant download my statements  I have quite a lot of accounts which I had on quicken  and that I no longer use. and they have transferred over to Moneydance. Can I just delete them from here.?  

On Friday, 12 February 2016, 10:59, Jenny <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv1376323980 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv1376323980 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

5. 3 Posted by jymaxfield738 on 12 Feb, 2016 05:49 PM

hi Jenny
    I have got into such a muddle with this that I have deleted all the files I have started in Moneydance and having a clean slate. I have decided to delete all the files in Quicken that I no longer use and start again. Firstly I want to back up my Quicken files in case anything goes wrong but when I try to download my transactions from my Royal bank to quicken the download goes to moneydance instead of quicken even if I have quicken highlighted so that it goes there. I also have about 27 back ups in my downloads because I have done it wrong so often and they are QFX files. Does that mean I will be able to download them from my bank even though my bank is not on your list. I hope I have explained this properly. I am almost giving up!!!!

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ethan on 13 Feb, 2016 03:05 PM

Hello,

You can always download transactions into Moneydance through files like the QFX format, as Jenny explained. Jenny was referring to your bank not supporting direct connections, which is where the program directly logs into your banks' servers to communicate that way.

I'm a bit unclear about what you are trying to accomplish otherwise with the rest of your message. If you are having trouble backing up your Quicken data, that sounds like a question you should direct to Quicken support. I would be happy to assist you with any questions you may have about Moneydance.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

7. Ethan closed this discussion on 14 Feb, 2016 01:15 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac