Bank of America

roland

23 Feb, 2016 03:56 PM

Request Bank of America be petitioned and added to the list of banks allowing connections.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 23 Feb, 2016 04:00 PM

Hi Roland,

Bank of America has recently discontinued their support for new direct connect activations. However, if your account was activated for direct connect before they turned off support, you should still be able to connect in Moneydance. If this is the case, please advise and I can provide the advanced setup for this.

If you haven't enabled OFX services with Bank of America previously, the best way to get your transactions into Moneydance will be to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, QIF, OFX or OFC files, any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance.

I hope this information is helpful, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by roland on 23 Feb, 2016 04:57 PM

I connect using quicken currently. Does that count?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jenny on 24 Feb, 2016 09:35 AM

Hi Roland,

There are two methods that personal finance software can use to access your accounts: direct connect and web connect.

With web connect, the software basically connects to your bank's website and downloads and imports OFX, QFX, QIF, and OFC files automatically. This is likely what you were using with Quicken.

Direct connect actually connects to a server at your bank instead of their site and usually requires different login credentials than you would use to log into your banks website.

Moneydance only supports automatic connections through direct connect and not web connect.

If you have been using web connect with Quicken, then unfortunately the advanced settings wont work, as a direct connection must have been setup previously. If you're unsure, you could contact BOA and they will advise of the connection type setup with your account.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by roland on 24 Feb, 2016 04:05 PM

Does Infinite Kind have any plans to pursue the web connect option with financial institutions, especially since quicken seems to be a sinking ship and has been put up for sale?

Seems like a good opportunity for your company to step in and be the saving grace to fill the large hole that quicken is going to leave, which is why I’m switching to Moneydance now as I’m sure many other quicken users are as well.

Roland

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Jenny on 24 Feb, 2016 04:24 PM

Hi Roland,

Supporting downloads from banks that only use web connect is very high on our requested feature list and is definitely something we are looking into. Unfortunately, it's not an easy problem to solve, especially given that their are thousands of banks in the world. It's at the top of our internal wishlist though, and something we discuss and research regularly. I can't give a specific timeline for this, but it is something we are working on.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by roland on 24 Feb, 2016 05:06 PM

thank you. Have a great day!

7. roland closed this discussion on 24 Feb, 2016 05:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac