Can you add Wescom Credit Union?

Dennis Kent's Avatar

Dennis Kent

05 May, 2016 07:18 PM

If you could add Wescom Credit Union it would be greatly appreciated.

Wescom.org

Thank You,
Dennis

  1. 1 Posted by Ian L on 05 May, 2016 08:03 PM

    Ian L's Avatar

    Unfortunately, it appears that your bank doesn't support direct OFX connections, which Moneydance requires in order to talk directly to a bank. The best way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, QIF, OFX or OFC files (sometimes referred to as Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance. You can also open your bank's download page directly (after entering the appropriate address in the Account->Edit Account menu) by going to the menu bar and selecting Online->Open Account Website.

    Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

    Ian L
    Infinite Kind Support

  2. Ian L closed this discussion on 05 May, 2016 08:03 PM.

  3. Dennis Kent re-opened this discussion on 05 May, 2016 08:17 PM

  4. 2 Posted by Dennis Kent on 05 May, 2016 08:17 PM

    Dennis Kent's Avatar

    I've used Quicken for decades to access Wescom Credit Union & it has always worked without having to export & import files. Are you sure about your not being able to support them?

    Dennis


    On 5/5/2016 1:03 PM, Ian L wrote:
    pre { width: 92%; margin: 10px 2%; padding: 5px 2%; background: #efefef; border: 1px solid #d6d6d6 } blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1em; border-left: 5px solid #ccc; }

    // Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

    From: Ian L (Support staff)

    Unfortunately, it appears that your bank doesn't support direct OFX connections, which Moneydance requires in order to talk directly to a bank. The best way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, QIF, OFX or OFC files (sometimes referred to as Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance. You can also open your bank's download page directly (after entering the appropriate address in the Account->Edit Account menu) by going to the menu bar and selecting Online->Open Account Website.

    Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

    Ian L
    Infinite Kind Support

    On Thu, May 05 at 12:18 PM PDT, Dennis Kent wrote:

    If you could add Wescom Credit Union it would be greatly appreciated.

    Wescom.org

    Thank You,
    Dennis

    Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Can you add Wescom Credit Union?.

    Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.


  5. 3 Posted by Ian L on 05 May, 2016 08:23 PM

    Ian L's Avatar

    There are two methods that personal finance software can use to access your accounts: direct connect and web connect. With web connect, the software basically connects to your bank's website and downloads and imports OFX, QFX, QIF, and OFC files automatically. Direct connect actually connects to a server at your bank instead of their website and usually requires different login credentials than you would use to log into your banks website. From a user's perspective, these two connections look basically identical. Moneydance only supports automatic connections through direct connect and not web connect. Your bank is using web connect with Quicken.

    Please let me know if I can be of further assistance!

    Ian L
    Infinite Kind Support

  6. Ian L closed this discussion on 05 May, 2016 08:23 PM.

  7. Dennis Kent re-opened this discussion on 05 May, 2016 09:12 PM

  8. 4 Posted by Dennis Kent on 05 May, 2016 09:12 PM

    Dennis Kent's Avatar

    Ian,

    Thanks for the explanation. This is not a big deal to me as Wescom CU is not my main bank. My main banking is done at a bank that does support direct connect & it is working fine.

    I started with quicken in the 80's when  it was made by "ChipSoft" & have used it & countless upgrades since then. Last week my product "sunsetted" & with there new Intuit ID policy, I am done with them.

    So far I am pleased Moneydance.

    Dennis


    On 5/5/2016 1:23 PM, Ian L wrote:
    pre { width: 92%; margin: 10px 2%; padding: 5px 2%; background: #efefef; border: 1px solid #d6d6d6 } blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1em; border-left: 5px solid #ccc; }

    // Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

    From: Ian L (Support staff)

    There are two methods that personal finance software can use to access your accounts: direct connect and web connect. With web connect, the software basically connects to your bank's website and downloads and imports OFX, QFX, QIF, and OFC files automatically. Direct connect actually connects to a server at your bank instead of their website and usually requires different login credentials than you would use to log into your banks website. From a user's perspective, these two connections look basically identical. Moneydance only supports automatic connections through direct connect and not web connect. Your bank is using web connect with Quicken.

    Please let me know if I can be of further assistance!

    Ian L
    Infinite Kind Support

    On Thu, May 05 at 01:17 PM PDT, Dennis Kent wrote:

    I've used Quicken for decades to access Wescom Credit Union & it has always worked without having to export & import files. Are you sure about your not being able to support them?

    Dennis


    On 5/5/2016 1:03 PM, Ian L wrote:
    pre { width: 92%; margin: 10px 2%; padding: 5px 2%; background: #efefef; border: 1px solid #d6d6d6 } blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1em; border-left: 5px solid #ccc; }

    // Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

    From: Ian L (Support staff)

    Unfortunately, it appears that your bank doesn't support direct OFX connections, which Moneydance requires in order to talk directly to a bank. The best way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, QIF, OFX or OFC files (sometimes referred to as Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance. You can also open your bank's download page directly (after entering the appropriate address in the Account->Edit Account menu) by going to the menu bar and selecting Online->Open Account Website.

    Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

    Ian L
    Infinite Kind Support

    On Thu, May 05 at 12:18 PM PDT, Dennis Kent wrote:

    If you could add Wescom Credit Union it would be greatly appreciated.

    Wescom.org

    Thank You,
    Dennis

    Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Can you add Wescom Credit Union?.

    Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.


    Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Can you add Wescom Credit Union?.

    Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.


  9. System closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2016 02:34 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac