No online support for Bank of America and Logix FCU

Sue Swafford

03 Jun, 2016 06:21 AM

Is it possible you will be adding support for Bank of America and Logix FCU.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 03 Jun, 2016 08:52 AM

Hi Sue,

Moneydance supports automatic downloads via Direct Connect, and you can view a list of banks that support this feature here.

Unfortunately Bank of America has recently discontinued their support for new Direct Connect activations. However, if your account was activated for Direct Connect before they turned off support, you should still be able to connect in Moneydance. If this is the case, please advise and I can provide the advanced setup for this.

Logix FCU do not support Direct Connect, but if they begin to support this feature, we'd be happy to assist in setting up a connection.

Without Direct Connect, the best way to get your files into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, OFX or OFC files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance.
    You can also open your bank's download page directly (after entering the appropriate address in the Account --> Edit Account menu) by going to the menu bar and selecting Online --> Open Account Website, which makes the download process easier.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Sue Swafford on 04 Jun, 2016 09:10 PM

I'm going to give up and stay with Quicken. The import of account info seemed to go OK, but the transaction data import was sometimes ok, and most of the time not ok. Maybe it was the QIF file.

For example, the transactions from my 2 BofA accounts all ported into the same account. My credit cards only had payments from the single checking account, which were all wrong as we don't pay credit cards from that account. I think all the transactions except transfers ended up in that one account, including credit card transactions.

Anyway, for now I'm going to try to fix the problems with quicken.

thanks,
    Sue

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jenny on 05 Jun, 2016 08:40 AM

No problem Sue, if you decide to try using Moneydance again, then please get in touch and we can provide assistance to help get your data imported.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

4. Jenny closed this discussion on 05 Jun, 2016 08:40 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac