Citizens Bank NA

jbedics

02 Aug, 2016 04:18 PM

When will a direct link be set up to automatically download the transactions from Citizens Bank into my checking account? Am having trouble setting up automatic downloads of my credit card transactions. Also, since I just imported everything from Quicken into your program, is there a way to mark mulitple transactions as cleared?

1. 1 Posted by Ian L on 03 Aug, 2016 11:58 AM

We do currently support connections to Citizens Bank, though sometimes there is a little trouble getting it set up. You should see various regional options listed in Moneydance. They do require that you activate your account before you'll be able to connect in Moneydance. You can find more information on their website here. If you have trouble connecting once your account is activated, trying using Quicken to change your PIN and then connecting with the new PIN in Moneydance.

You can mark multiple transactions as cleared by highlighting them, right clicking, and then selecting the "Mark as cleared" option.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thanks for using Moneydance.

Ian L
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by jbedics on 09 Aug, 2016 03:40 PM

Ian,

The only way that I can download from Citizens Bank into MoneyDance is if I do so directly from the CB Website. With Quicken I was able to download all transactions directly from the program.

Biggest frustration is downloading daily the transactions into my credit cards. To me this is crucial as it keeps me aware of any fraud that is being done to any of my credit cards. The only credit card that I have been able to sync is for Discover Card.

To go to the websites daily is very time consuming and I must be a dummy since I can not do the simple tasks that I used to perform through the old program.

Just tried to update manually the dividend reinvestment that I just received and it does not allow me to enter either the price or the number of dividends that I received, only the amount of the dividend. I like your tracking and the presentation of the investments as well as the automatic updates to the prices. I would keep this function of the program.

When I imported the info from Quicken into MoneyDance, everything was transferred and the problem arose as I had moved since the original install of Quicken and have 3 banks listed on Quicken in the checking portion of the program. This was a problem and I had to go back and delete everything since the changeover to Citizens. This corrected balance differences as I have all bank statements from the start of transferring everything into Citizens.

Through the process of changing programs, I have found that I am still a novitiate at using programs. I am not a big fan of MicroSoft and use alternative programs to everything that they sell. It is wrong to charge for an upgrade when only minor changes are made to a program. Major changes should be charged for, but not changes that are really inadequacies in the program to begin with.

I am impressed with your customer service and for sharing my concerns about your program. Little by little I am becoming more comfortable with your program. I did download and print your user manual, but still need clarity on the issues that I stated above.

Thanks,

Josef

3. 3 Posted by Ian L on 10 Aug, 2016 03:47 PM

We have detailed instructions for setting up automatic downloads in our knowledge base article here. Citizens Bank has a number of different connection options, so you may need to try a few before on works. If you are having trouble with the setup process, can you let me know where you are getting stuck?

Ian L
    Infinite Kind Support

4. Ian L closed this discussion on 04 Oct, 2016 03:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac