Canadian Banks

Ian Tuton

22 Sep, 2016 02:58 AM

just wondering if Bank of Montreal is on your list of supported banks

1. 1 Posted by Ian O on 22 Sep, 2016 07:24 AM

Hi Ian,

Moneydance supports automatic downloads via Direct Connect, and you can view a list of banks that support this feature here. Unfortunately most Canadians banks do not support Direct Connect. If your bank decides to support this connection type in future, we will be happy to assist in setting up a connection.

Without Direct Connect, The best way to get your files into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, OFX or OFC files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance.
    You can also open your bank's download page directly (after entering the appropriate address in the Account --> Edit Account menu) by going to the menu bar and selecting Online --> Open Account Website, which makes the download process easier.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to download our free trial version and experiment with the program. The demo version is fully functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test importing your data from your banks.

If you decide to purchase the program at a later date you can keep all your data, the license key simply unlocks the ability to manually enter more transactions. You can download the trial version of Moneydance from here.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions of if I can be of further assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 22 Dec, 2016 07:30 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac