converter

eddy pulinx

22 Nov, 2016 10:01 PM

hello,
my bank suddenly decide not to supply any odf files any .odf files anymore
could you advise me a pdf to odf converter that i should us?
thank you

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 22 Nov, 2016 10:51 PM

Perhaps you mean ofx files? Yes?

Trying to convert PDF files to OFX, QIF or even CSV can be extremely difficult (text base PDF files) to almost impossible (image based PDF files) So first check to see if your bank provides any other formats at all - if they don't then complain LOUDLY. Noisy complaining customers threatening to close all their accounts and go elsewhere are the biggest reason for banks changing their approach.

2. 2 Posted by Ben Spencer on 22 Nov, 2016 11:57 PM

PDF is almost certainly not going to work. Does your bank offer any other formats?

Ben Spencer
    Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by Eddy Pulinx on 23 Nov, 2016 07:28 AM

what about the program "pdf2ofx"

4. 4 Posted by Ben Spencer on 23 Nov, 2016 03:41 PM

PDF files are designed to be viewed by humans or printed. They are not designed to have tabular data extracted and processed by a computer. There is no standard way transaction information should be encoded in a PDF file so I would expect any data extraction process would be error prone and time consuming. I would be really surprised if the results were constantly accurate.

It seems like they have a free trial available so you might as well give it a try. I personally would strongly complain to my bank if they didn't provide downloads in a computer readable format and consider switching to a bank that does.

Ben Spencer
    Infinite Kind Support

5. System closed this discussion on 22 Feb, 2017 03:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac