Add Lloyds Bank to the register

Andrew Blenkinship

01 Jan, 2017 08:03 PM

Please add the UK bank Lloyds bank to the register.

thanks
andy

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 02 Jan, 2017 01:03 PM

Hi Andy,

Moneydance supports automatic downloads via Direct Connect. You can view a list of financial institutions that support Direct Connect access here - http://infinitekind.com/fi

I am also based in the UK and unfortunately I am not aware of any UK banks that support this feature.

Without Direct Connect, you are still able to import your data into the program. The best way to get your files into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, OFX or OFC files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Andrew Blenkins... on 03 Jan, 2017 11:03 AM

Thankyou for the quick response Jenny.

Do you know if this is something that may be worked on in the future? It would just be better if the information was live that’s all, unfortunately I thought this was the case prior to purchasing the software. One of the reasons for buying the software was to set up budgets and have the software message myself and my wife when we are nearing the budget but unfortunately I don’t this is possible without having the live connection.

On an aside do you know if you can set up two accounts on the software (1 for myself and 1 for my wife?)to each keep track of our finances.

Thanks
    Andy

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jenny on 03 Jan, 2017 11:43 AM

Hi Andy,

There are other connection types that can be used but Moneydance only supports Direct Connect - This is for customer security. You can read about why we only support Direct Connect access in our blog and also in this article. By only using Direct Connect, we can guarantee that your username, password and financial data only ever exists with your bank or on your own personal computer, and at no point are your details stored on another server.

We are looking into establishing bank connections in a secure way, and this is something that we are actively working on. It's no small task, though, and we've explored a number of options that ended up being dead ends. Web Connect is basically scrapping the webpages of each bank. As you can imagine, the web pages themselves are not at all standard, and so scrapping them all involves either a lot of time or a lot of money. We hope to have something available in the near future, but I can't give a timeline for this feature release quite yet.

You only need one license per household, no matter how many computers you install it on, operating systems you use, people who use Moneydance, or data files you create. You can create data sets by navigating to File --> New, and you can switch between these data sets at any time by selecting File --> Open where your data files will be listed. Data sets are completely seperate and data cannot be easily transferred or moved between them. You may wish to create one data set, and the setup multiple accounts within the Account --> New Account menu option.

I'd also recommend you have a read through the 'Getting Started' knowledge base articles, if you're using Moneydance for the first time. You can find these here.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

4. System closed this discussion on 04 Apr, 2017 11:50 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac