Target and Amazon

Chuck

05 Feb, 2017 02:20 AM

I would like to purchase a copy of Moneydance, but only if the Synchrony Amazon and Target credit cards can be downloaded. Is there a way to set them up using the advanced feature? I can download both of these accounts using Quicken. Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by TonyRI on 05 Feb, 2017 10:54 AM

Hi Chuck,

You can download those transactions manually and import them into Moneydance. This article describes the process for downloading transactions:

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/program-basics/can-i-automatically-...

I can download most of my bank and credit card accounts automatically, however I have to wait for a Statement to be able to export data from my Synchrony Amazon Store Card account. Other banks will allow you to download/export transactions any time they are posted. I don't know how Target presents the data.

In any event, you can download the trial version of Moneydance for FREE to try it out before you decide. The only limitation is that you can manually enter 100 transactions before it requires you to purchase a key. Downloaded transactions, whether automatic, or manual do not count toward the limit.

You can download the demo/trial version here:

https://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software

Regards,

Tony
    (Not from Moneydance Support)

2. 2 Posted by TonyRI on 05 Feb, 2017 10:56 AM

PS If you do like the program after your trial version runs out, you can purchase a license key at that point and all of your data will remain intact, just the limitation of 100 manual entries is removed.

3. 3 Posted by Chuck Gill on 05 Feb, 2017 02:49 PM

Tony,

Thanks for the quick reply. I got both files to manually import to Moneydance, but that process is not particularly user friendly. I tried out Moneydance for about 8 hours yesterday. I love it, other than the inability to pull straight from these two accounts (I have 5 credit card accounts and 10 bank/investment accounts). Do you plan to include web connect in a future version?

Also, is the cost for the software a one-time fee (will I get future upgrades and versions at no additional cost)?

The program is really smooth and well organized. The other feature that might stop me from purchasing is the export function. Each tax season I export my quicken data to excel. Moneydance can export to a tab delineated file. When I opened that file in excel yesterday, it was all messed up…I had to make significant edits to make it readable. Any chance you will include a direct export to excel format?

Keep up the good work. I appreciate you and your team working hard to make a desktop alternative to Quicken. I am not a fan of the online versions out there; I would much rather have my data on my computer.

- Chuck Gill

4. 4 Posted by TonyRI on 05 Feb, 2017 03:09 PM

You're welcome. I'm not from Support, but I know that Direct Connect is the only way that MD will automatically download from Financial Institutions. Privacy is a major concern for Infinite Kind and they have no plans to change the way in which accounts are accessed. That way only you and your bank have your passwords, with no 3rd party involvement.

The cost is a one-time fee, with no "subscription". You are entitled to one free Major Upgrade (e.g. MD 2018) and a 50% discount thereafter on future upgrades. You can keep the version that you are using for as long as you like, it doesn't "sunset" as with other financial software.

I'm a fan of Moneydance, that's why I try to help out on this forum. I don't perform exports to excel, so I can't help you with that inquiry, but there are others that follow these discussions who would be more than happy to help you with that question. Support usually chimes in, but they seem to be a little overwhelmed at times.

I believe that you can go to graphs and reports, select the data that you want to include and then save it in other formats, as CSV, for manipulation afterwards, but again there are others that are way more knowledgeable on that subject than me.

I, like you, had given up on Quicken as it had become too bloated, had persistent upgrade nagging and very poor customer support. Moneydance is sleek, robust and serves all of my financial needs in a tight little package. I am a true convert and total fan.

Good luck to you in whatever you decide to do. I appreciate your compliments, although I can't take any credit as I am just a Moneydance user and happy customer.

Regards,

Tony

5. System closed this discussion on 07 May, 2017 03:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac