Can we set up ANZ New Zealand

Matthew Preston

06 Apr, 2017 07:48 AM

Can we set up online banking with ANZ New Zealand - a subsidiary of ANZ Australia. I have checking, savings and Visa accounts as well as loan accounts with them. That would be awesome thanks.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 06 Apr, 2017 09:16 AM

I do not know of any Australian banks that offer the service so I expect that no NZ bank would offer it either, given the alignment of Australian and New Zealand banks.

It would seem that 99% of banks that provide this service are U.S. based, and not all U.S. banks provide it either.

For most of the world the alternative is to download transaction files from the Bank's web site and import these, Moneydance supports all of the major formats.

2. 2 Posted by Matthew Preston on 06 Apr, 2017 09:32 AM

Oh OK. I know that Banktivity/iBank have this set up through a 3rd party provider and that it works with some New Zealand banks. We use Moneydance because it works across platforms so we just wondering if there was some way of doing wha Banktivity does.

Matthew

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 06 Apr, 2017 09:59 AM

There are two methods that I know of for automatic downloads. Once is referred to by Moneydance as Direct Connect. This is an open standard method with published specs etc, it uses the OFX client/server method and downloads data in the OFX format.

The other is called Web Connect and its aggregation derivative Express Web Connect. Moneydance have stated they will never support Express Webconnect - simply because it is a security risk as you have to give your username and password to a third party, something I would expect that ANZ NZ prohibits in their agreement with you for internet banking usage in any case.

The folks behind Moneydance have said that they continue to investigate ways of implementing something like Web Connect that would work generically with banks but so far nothing has been forthcoming, I would not envisage this would be easy given the myrad of bank sites and their differences. Web connect generally downloads files that follow the OFX file specification.

4. System closed this discussion on 06 Jul, 2017 10:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac