Please Remove Barclays Bank (US only) from list of supported banks.

brian

24 Nov, 2018 04:31 PM

I just signed up for a savings account with Barclays being that they are listed in the MoneyDance supported banks list, and was unable to connect.

I spoke with a customer service representative about OFX settings and Direct Connect, and she had no knowledge whatsoever of either of those things. I asked her if she knew who I could speak with who would, and she didn't know that either.

Sadly, this will be the third savings account I've opened, only to find out it is erroneously listed as supported on the Moneydance website. In the future I will just contact the institution before applying because the MoneyDance supported banks list is not reliable.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 26 Nov, 2018 09:54 AM

Hi Brian,

Sorry to hear about the problems you've encountered.

I can confirm that the listing for 'Barclays (US only)' is functional, and many customers have been able to successfully connect to this bank.

It's unfortunate the bank representative you spoke with was not able to help.

Moneydance uses exactly the same OFX server connection protocol for Direct Connect as Quicken. Calling your bank and stating precisely the following should get you started -

"Please enable Direct Connect on my account so that I can connect to your servers directly with Quicken. Also give me the login credentials I need to connect to this service."

Can you let me know which other financial institutions you've not been able to connect with on our list?

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by brian on 03 Jan, 2019 01:25 AM

Here's the response from Barclays:

”Thanks for your recent inquiry regarding using Quicken with your Barclays Online Banking Account. We are compatible with Quicken versions 2011 and later. When selecting the bank name, please select Barclays Online Banking – US. If you ever change your password with Barclays, you must also follow up with Quicken also notifying the change. We do not use anything called Direct Connect. If you need any additional assistance, please call Barclays Customer Care at 888-710-8756 and we will be happy to help you. We're available from 8am to 8pm Eastern Time 7 days a week. Thanks for banking with us. Sincerely, Barclays Customer Care"

Any more suggestions?

3. System closed this discussion on 04 Apr, 2019 01:30 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac