Setting up discover card

Ken Semanovich

03 Nov, 2019 04:45 PM

Hi,
I was hoping that I would be able to switch to Moneyline from Quicken, but the very first account I tried to set up I can not get the transactions loaded from DISCOVER CARD. I set up the account. Went to set up bank. It asked for the card#, and ID not password, and I selected finish. It took me to the discover log in, and I logged in. Went to activity, and statements and selected Other (Moneysoft), and hit return. It did not download items, and gave me the following error. Error 500: java.laug.Null Pointer Exception. Tried several times with same error each time. My browser is Firefox if that is of any concern. If I can get this fixed, I will ask for a refund since Discover was on your list, and it still can get into.

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by Ken Semanovich on 03 Nov, 2019 04:47 PM

Don't work. Please advise.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maddy on 03 Nov, 2019 05:08 PM

Hi Ken,

Unfortunately, I don’t have the best news regarding the Discover connection.
    It seems that Discover are no longer supporting automatic downloads to software other than Quicken and Intuit programs.

You can read the public thread about the Discover issues on this page.

One customer has advised contacting the bank directly and asking them to reconsider the changes they’ve made. It’s possible that with enough requests from their customers to support Moneydance, they’ll revert to allowing our Direct Connect downloads.

Without Direct Connect, you are still able to easily import your data into the program. The best way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download files from your bank's web site.
    We'd recommend you download using the OFX or QFX file format if available. If not, use the QIF file format. (These files are sometimes referred to as Quicken or MS Money files). You can import the files to Moneydance using File --> Import.

Moneydance 2019 includes en embedded browser (currently a beta feature) that makes downloading from the banks website much easier. We're also working on another feature (coming soon) that will remember how you download from the banks site and help to automate the manual import process.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

3. System closed this discussion on 02 Feb, 2020 05:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac