Moneydance Freezing When I Try to Add or Edit a New Account

bw470000

04 Dec, 2020 06:47 AM

I'm running Big Sur on my MacBook Pro and found a frustrating problem tonight with trying to add a new credit card account to my Moneydance software (I've done this many times in the past with no problems). I've tried entering the add new account page in multiple ways, but no matter how I get there, the system goes to a mostly blank page and locks up with the radio button stuck at "bank account." This happens before any new account is even started and then I have to Force Quit Moneydance to get off of the locked page. I upgraded to the latest 2021 version of Moneydance thinking that might be the problem, but the frozen page is exactly the same as I experienced in the 2020 version.

Is this a glitch due to the new Big Sur? Is there any workaround? Is Infinite Kind doing anything to remedy the situation?

I don't actually connect with any banks or credit cards through Moneydance. I just want a stable system to keep up with all my accounts in one place.

I look forward to any insight I can get on how to fix this problem.

Thanks,
John Clark

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 04 Dec, 2020 07:36 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

You have to change a setting in macOS to fix this. Search these forums for big sur and you will find the answer....

(A fellow user)

2. 2 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 04 Dec, 2020 08:17 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

Explicitly: This particular issue seems related to the setting in the System Preferences, General section, "Prefer tabs [always] when opening documents". If you change "always" to never or "in full screen" then it's not an issue.

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 05 Dec, 2020 08:42 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi John

One more thing you need to do, if you haven't, update to the preview build at https://infinitekind.com/preview

Hope this helps.

4. Melissa closed this discussion on 07 Dec, 2020 11:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac