South State Bank made new changes and i cannot download transactions

harry Weitzel

15 Dec, 2020 01:43 AM

My south state bank made changes, a new website page and a new server.
So unfortunately i ca no longer download my checking transactions.
I have discussed this issue with the bank manager and was told to get in touch with the vendor "you guys".
I have done a clean uninstall, and re-installed latest version of money dance.
I started from scratch as a new checking account, but you software will no longer connect to the banks.
I am attaching the screen shots of error message and the bank web page that opens when i try to download.
Please fix this, or at the least, refund me the $49.99 i spent to buy your softare product.

1. 1 Posted by dtd on 15 Dec, 2020 03:38 AM

The pertinent question is did they stop supporting direct connect, or ofx downloads.

If so, you should ask your bank to refund you 49.99 as they stopped supporting you.

If not, i.e. they still support direct connect, you need the new protocols to make it work.

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 15 Dec, 2020 03:58 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Your first and last images are the same and seem to show you trying to use the internal HTTP (Browser) Implementation to try and access the bank.

This is currently a beta feature and is known to not work for a large number of institutions, it's goal is to eventually implement something along the lines of Quicken's Web Connect, but with the added ability to script the connection and download.

Your second screen shot would appear to be from Direct Connect. Direct connect uses a different server system than Internet banking and therefore often requires different username/password sets.

I would suggest you look at the Knowledge Base article on Direct Connect, noting the section on contacting your bank to ensure Direct Connect is enabled.

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/online-banking-and-bill-pay/direct-connect

3. Maddy closed this discussion on 11 Jan, 2021 08:06 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac