Have you considered Plaid?

Armando Rowe

26 Dec, 2020 05:02 AM

We are a family of five. we have a total of 14 accounts (checking, savings, credit cards, loans) with Unify Financial Federal Credit Union. After that come Arvest Bank, Space City Credit Union, Paypal, Synchrony Bank, Discover cards and Capital One Credit Cards. None of those are in your list, nor in Gnu Cash's list on Direct Connect

We want to move out of Quicken. MoneyDance is our top choice, except for that fact above: Unify is not in your list of Direct Connect Banks

One of your competitors has an inferior product, but they offer 20,000 institutions around the world that one can automatically download from, thanks to their alliances with plaid.com, saltedge.com and yodlee.com

A quick visit to those three says that Plaid.com is the one connecting with the most banks in the US.

Have you considered adding the connectivity of Plaid to your product? Or offering us customers a subscription to a premium level that includes Plaid?

Yes, I am asking all my banks whether they would do direct connect login, and if any of them does, I will open a separate discussion. But one shot with Plaid would be a lot simpler ...

Or has anybody yet created an extension to MoneyDance that connects to Scrapy to login and download through the online banking portal?

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 26 Dec, 2020 03:52 PM

Hi Armondo,

I'm not familiar with Plaid.com but if you're comparing it to Yodlee, it sounds like another aggregator.

Look to the following Moneydance Blog post with regards to TIK's policy towards aggregators.
    https://infinitekind.com/blog/online-banking-privacy-security

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. Melissa closed this discussion on 28 Jan, 2021 08:09 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac