Royal Bank of Scotland

David Evans

28 Jul, 2021 10:24 AM

is there a chance that the Royal Bank Of Scotland will be added to your list of financial institutions
https://www.digitalbanking.rbs.co.uk/

Thanks in advance

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 28 Jul, 2021 11:00 AM

Hi David,

Currently, Moneydance only supports automatic downloads using Direct Connect. I am based in the UK and unfortunately, I am not aware of any UK/European banks that support this connection method.

Some banks in the UK/Europe have recently begun using a service called "Open Banking", and we are actively looking into adding connectivity to Moneydance. Unfortunately, it is not reachable by Moneydance right now because it requires a third-party service to connect to the bank. We're going to wait until Open Banking allows connections directly from the software running on our customer's devices.

We're also actively working to add FDX support to Moneydance. This is a newer connection protocol that a lot of banks are moving towards.

Without Direct Connect, you are still able to easily import your data into the program. The best way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download files from your bank's website. We recommend you use the OFX or QFX file format if available; if not use the QIF file format.

I personally bank with RBS so I can confirm that this bank offers the OFX file format for downloads.
    Login to the banks website, then choose Statements > Download or export transactions. You can then select which account to download, and the date range. In the "Download/export type" field, specify "Microsoft Money (OFX file)".
    This will allow you to download an OFX file which can be imported into Moneydance by double-clicking the file, or open Monedyance and choose File > Import.

--
    Jenny, Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 27 Oct, 2021 11:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac