Add ICCU

Mike Wittek

07 Aug, 2021 09:31 PM

Hello Infinitekind Tech Support,
I would like to place a request to add Idaho Central Credit Union to the list of financial institution that Money Dance supports.

--
Thanks,
Mike Wittek
Meridian, Idaho

1. 1 Posted by dtd on 07 Aug, 2021 10:52 PM

just an MD user,

As an ICCU member, I've checked into how to use Moneydance with ICCU.

Moneydance only supports direct connect for automatic downloads, and ICCU does not support direct connect (nor does ICCU plan to do so - I asked them).

However, ICCU DOES support downloading OFX files for uploading into MD (and that can be set up to be almost automatic). Go to the ICCU account, look for transaction activity, download it to OFX, open it, and you can import it to your ICCU account within MD. I'm sure there's a knowledgebase article on how to make it pretty simple.

Hope that helps.

2. 2 Posted by Mike Wittek on 08 Aug, 2021 12:51 AM

Thanks dtd,
    Does Moneydance support for .OFX files equally as .QFX files, or does one file type is better than the other file type?

--
    Thanks,
    Mike Wittek

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 08 Aug, 2021 01:09 AM

I'm a fellow user.

QFX files are just OFX files with a vendor specific section. The specification specifically allows for this and provides the mechanism for other vendor's programs to ignore this section.

So in effect, as far as Moneydance is concerned, OFX and QFX files are the same thing.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ethan on 08 Aug, 2021 04:52 PM

Hello,

I can confirm the above comments about ICCU not supporting direct connections. Using OFX or QFX files as described is the next best option.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

5. 5 Posted by Mike Wittek on 09 Aug, 2021 04:41 AM

On 8/8/21 10:53 AM, Ethan wrote:
    pre { width: 92%; margin: 10px 2%; padding: 5px 2%; background: #efefef; border: 1px solid #d6d6d6 }blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1em; border-left: 5px solid #ccc; }

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

Hello,

I can confirm the above comments about ICCU not supporting direct connections. Using OFX or QFX files as described is the next best option.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

On Sat, Aug 07 at 06:09 PM PDT, dwg wrote:

I'm a fellow user.

QFX files are just OFX files with a vendor specific section. The specification specifically allows for this and provides the mechanism for other vendor's programs to ignore this section.

So in effect, as far as Moneydance is concerned, OFX and QFX files are the same thing.

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Add ICCU.

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

6. Maddy closed this discussion on 09 Aug, 2021 11:10 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac