First Direct

ben

08 Nov, 2021 11:46 AM

Hi - Are there any imminent plans to add the UK bank First Direct to the list of supported banks please?

Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 08 Nov, 2021 11:50 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

You will need to use Md+ subscription (and Plaid) which uses Open Banking.

I’m not sure if IK have released UK banking to md+ yet (I have access, but for testing).

2. 2 Posted by ben on 08 Nov, 2021 11:53 AM

Ah I didn't realise there was a subscription option and that MD+ even existed! Not for me, but thanks for the info. That's put that one to bed pretty quickly! :-)

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 08 Nov, 2021 12:05 PM

OK, so the other option, which is what I do for FD...

When logged in to FD , click the download option and select OFX format (or MS Money) and then double-click the downloaded file to import into MD.. Works well!!

4. 4 Posted by ben on 08 Nov, 2021 12:25 PM

Thanks for that. Would work for my process? I manually log each transaction as it happens via the mobile app. Then monthly or so I manually check off each transaction against my PDF statement. It's a bit of a ball-ache so I'd love to be able to automate it if possible. Open to ideas!

5. 5 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 08 Nov, 2021 12:27 PM

I also log txns manually and then do the FD download. It will offer merge suggestions (or auto merge). So you can see which are new or the same. Best thing to do is try it on a backup copy.

6. 6 Posted by ben on 08 Nov, 2021 12:29 PM

Oh nice - I'll have a play on a backup copy! Thanks for the tip!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac