TD Canada Trust

harold

13 May, 2022 08:18 AM

This comment was split from the discussion: Canadian Banks Automatic Downloads

TD Direct Investing, the discount brokerage arm of TD bank, is not offered in the list of TD search results of MD+. How do I download investment transactions?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 13 May, 2022 08:20 AM

Hi Harold,

I believe you have to select TD Canada Trust and connect your investment accounts as outlined here.

It might also be useful referring you to this section of the Knowledge Base.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by harold on 13 May, 2022 06:31 PM

I have followed the instructions but TD Direct Investing is not in the list of supported brokers. Is it listed under a different name? Please confirm that my broker is currently supported by Plaid. The Plaid website has no information about Moneydance or TD that I could find.

3. 3 Posted by harold on 17 May, 2022 06:36 PM

Has anybody been able to download transactions from TD Direct Investment?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Maddy on 20 May, 2022 02:19 PM

Although the development team is considering implementing a way of seeing all the banks supported by Moneydance+ via Plaid without signing up to the free 14-day trial, for the time being this is the only option.
    Using the 14-day trial you can create a free account at: https://my.plaid.com by clicking GET STARTED at that link. This Plaid account has nothing to do with Moneydance, but it enables you to see the banks supported by Plaid. As part of creating a Plaid account you provide a phone number so that when you sign into Plaid it can use two step verification.
    Once signed into your Plaid account you can then click the link to Add an Account.
    You get the same screen as if you were in Moneydance+ and you can check the list to see if your Banks are supported.

It is my understanding that TD Canada Trust is supported but as you said TD Direct Investment doesn't seem to be listed unfortunately.

So, the alternative in this specific case is Manual Downloads.

--

5. 5 Posted by harold on 23 May, 2022 09:51 AM

TD Canada Trust does not offer QFX downloads; I have opened a consumer
    account with Plaid to see which banks are supported but Canada is not one of
    the countries listed so there is no info on Canadian banks.

6. 6 Posted by harold on 23 May, 2022 09:51 AM

Today Sunday MD+ downloaded a transaction from a TD checking account from
    last Thursday that did not come through on Friday; a transaction posted
    yesterday in my Tangerine line of credit was not downloaded today. It seems
    to be an issue with dates: are the available downloads via QFX different
    from MD+? I can download all transactions via QFX by the next business day,
    that does does not seem to be the case for MD+. See attached log

7. 7 Posted by harold on 24 May, 2022 04:34 AM

TD Canada Trust does not offer QFX downloads; I have opened a consumer account with Plaid to see which banks are supported but Canada is not one of the countries listed so there is no info on Canadian banks.

8. 8 Posted by harold on 26 May, 2022 04:53 AM

this was the error message from today

this was another reply from Plaid:

Unfortunately, we're not too familiar with each one of the applications that
    use Plaid to allow connections between users' accounts and their services,
    and I'm not well versed in the concept of "Downloads" in MD+, or the fact
    that it sounds like you can re-sync account states to a point in the past. I
    believe that the MoneyDance team is in the best position to assist here, and
    they can reach out to our team by logging in to their developer dashboard
    <https://dashboard.plaid.com/signin> and creating a support ticket specific
    to your issue from there."

Thanks

Harald

9. 9 Posted by harold on 12 Jun, 2022 12:12 AM

Hi Maddy,

I had been unable to download investment transactions with Quicken through
    manual downloads, would it work in MD in this case?

Thanks

Harald

10. 10 Posted by dwg on 12 Jun, 2022 12:22 AM

To import manual downloads into Moneydance you must be able to download transaction files from the Investment house in formats like OFX, QFX, OFC or QIF.

Unless you can get files from an organisation in a suitable format or the organisation support Direct Connect or is supported through Moneydance + there is really little Moneydance can do.

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Maddy on 13 Jun, 2022 09:24 AM

@ Harald

You should navigate to the Online>Setup Moneydance + menu and look in the connections list.
    When you see "no name" listed, you should disconnect it and restart Moneydance.

In addition, to maintain system stability, TD Canada Trust currently only allows Transaction updates daily between 4am-11am UTC

--

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac